Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frost tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frost tune?

Anyone have any luck getting a email tune from frost. I have emailed him twice in the past year to get some customer cars tuned. I got a email from him that says I answer every email. But i never get another email.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

search Frost or tunedbyfrost in this section and see how many positive threads come up.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Teching In

yeah but im trying to get email tunes not send my pcm in. I hear alot of good things but how are yall getting the tunes i cant get a reply from him.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Send him a PM on this site,he replied to all mine quickly and his service was great.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Will try that. Have tried several times on hp tuner forum inbox is always full. I have been using texas speed so far have no complaints other than you have to stay on them. They dont call you.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He is VERY VERY busy but will get back to you but bear in mind that mail order is his core business, NOT email tuning.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

I spoke to him in person a couple weekends ago and this past Saturday. He gets on LS1tech.com and the other few online forums that he is a member of and tries his best to get to them all the same day. I just got a tune at his shop in Richmond, VA. He knows what he is doing, he is thorough and quick with his process and he is a man of his word. If I ever get another vehicle that needs a tune, he is the first guy that I would go to.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Check your junk email that's where my reply came.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Teching In

I have been checking the spam mail and all. Really thier is no diff between email and mail order its the same thing just less work for him.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jseely
I have been checking the spam mail and all. Really thier is no diff between email and mail order its the same thing just less work for him.
They are not the same. Mail order tunes are basically something you run as-is or use to get the car up and solid and ready for full tuning with a wideband (and hopefully dyno). Tunes that go through email for people with software are setup to facilitate actual tuning/calibration. The users get multiple bases... A CL file and cfg for roughing in idle airflow, a SD file for working on VE with a cfg for scanning, an all-MAF file for calibrating the MAF with a cfg for scanning, and a rough CL tune that is just for driving on until we have something cohesive. On top of that, you get an email that is basically a few pages of procedural instruction. For someone that actually has software, it's a much better approach than a one-shot mail order.

I remember your email from late Jan; I was out of town tuning actually when it came over. If you have sent one in the last 3-5 days, I may not have read it yet. The work that shows up at the shop (being the cars booked and the mail order units that arrive and are already paid) get absolute focus. Sometimes that makes for longer delays that I'd like through email, but these customers have paid by the time their PCM gets here, so they get the priority.

The real reason that I didn't get back to you is that you mentioned being a shop owner who is learning to tune and wanted to use this until you figured it all out. To be perfectly honest, I'm not interested in training a shop to tune or supplying them work of mine that they can copy as they learn. I go back and forth through email with customers that own their own software, but it's for their one specific car and application. Doing that for a shop is a whole different ball of wax. Normally I wouldn't post this up on a public board, but I didn't make this thread originally.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

yeah why would frost train a shop so eventually they become a legitimate threat to his business (customer wise)?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Ok i didnt mean to start anything. I have a shop that is way to busy doing automotive work,And engine swaps to tune everything that comes in. I purchase email tunes to offer something else at the shop and for engine swaps. When i do learn it will be on my 67 mustang with a ls1 so if i mess anything up it will be mine, then i will have a little more knowledge of what im doing when a customer wonts something a little different with thier tune i sold them. Didnt ask anyone for a hand out willing to pay even pay up front. All the email tunes from texas speed and other places has been no diff from a mail order tune. The same tune that goes in a mail order tune they send me im sure. I wasn't asking for charity. I dont think i would be a threat, the people i put tunes in for wouldn't know who frost was. Not like im putting in a shop in richmond im in arkansas. Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

does tunedbyfrost have a website? anyone have his link?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
www.tunedbyfrost.com
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
And I thought my eyes were bad.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ ehh well thanks lmao

Quick Reply: Frost tune?