PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)

Well its been a little while since the build has been done now and I been needing a tune. I used a friend of mine in New Jersey (Twisted Minds Racing, or TMR) guys name is Tommy and he uses a DynoJet in an old Barn located in Tabernacle, New Jersey. He is really a good LSX Tuner. Took his time to get BOTH tables to be in sync (most tuners just fix the MAF Table and call it a day, but Tommy did BOTH of them so the car works flawlessly).

Anyways, the converter I have would not go into lock up. It was like a clutch slipping in each gear. She put down 402/360 through an unlocked converter. Third gear, 145 miles an hour and the converter flashes to 4400 RPM (Big 'ole converter). These are corrected SAE numbers. The uncorrected numbers were 417/354

She pulls like a freight train off the line and keeps motoring down the highway at a great pace.

I was originally a little bummed by the lack of numbers, but when I heard it was through UNLOCKED 4400 Stall converter, I got a little happier

For all the dyno sheet people that live and die by their dyno graphs, it isnt a lot of horsepower, but for the people that actually RACE and not care about dyno numbers, the car is a beast for a old set of heads and a mediocre sized cam and a 4400 stall converter.

I will post up the dyno sheets when I get a few moments to spare. I havent had a lot of time to mess around with the computer lately.

Anyways, big shout out to Tommy at Twisted Minds Racing (TMR) and Modern Muscle (dynoJet owners company).

It was a little weird pulling up to a Barn out on the boarderline of Philly and Jersey but Tommy spent over 4 hours tuning this bad boy. 2-2.5 hours just getting the tables to be in sync and then the rest was dyno time. And then on to the street tune part.

Tommy charges a flat rate for tune and Modern Muscle charges a flat rate for the dyno time (200 for the dyno.. Doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour on the dyno or 10 hours on the dyno. 200 is what it is. Which is a really good price). Tommy also doesnt charge for retunes for anything unless you change the entire heads/cam or motor. Even if you want Nitrous tune, he brings the car to Atco and tunes it on the track for NO CHARGE. Thats right! No extra charge for nitrous tuning and track tuning.

I completely forgot about Tommy when I was considering tuners. There was a few in new york that are good, but Tommy is just a really nice guy, very intelligent when it comes to these LSX's. He also builds motors too. He had a camaro come down which he built and tuned. Car put down a STOUT 615+ RWHP.

Anyways, thats the end of the story. If anyone wants Tommy's phone number, PM me. I dont want to break rules on this board. So I am not putting up contact information. PM me if you want it.

P.S. I towed the camaro there. Rented a Uhaul full car carrier, hitched it up to the Suburban and it was only A HALF A TANK OF GAS TOWING THE CAMARO UP TO TABERNACLE, NEW JERSEY!!! I couldnt believe it. I usually spend a half of tank of gas going to work and back in ONE DAY. I guess the Suburban LOVES LONG DISTANT HIGHWAY DRIVING! LOL

Dyno Graphs:
Attached Thumbnails Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)-00-camaro-steve-guzzo-ba.jpg   Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)-00-camaro-steve-guzzo-sae.jpg   Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)-00-camaro-steve-guzzo-uc.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

P.S. I forgot to tell you guys what the mods were, LOL.

2000 Camaro SS
113K Miles (500 miles on rebuild parts)

Absolute Speed heads (hand ported by Jay himself)
EPS 226/230 113+2 LSA
LS6 Intake
Patriot Gold Springs
Tit' Retainers
Hardened Pushrods
LS7 Lifters
LS2 Lifter Trays
42lb Racetronix Injectors
LS2 Timing Chain
Katech P/P LS6 Oil Pump
Katech Pulley/belt tensioner
ASP Underdrive Pulley
ARH 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers
ARH 3" Y pipe
Kooks High Flow Cats
Magnaflow Bullet Muffler in I-Pipe
GMMG Catback Exhaust
EGR Deleted!

Circle D 5C 4400 Stall Converter
Stock 10 Bolt (out of 6 speed car) 3.42's

(Im sure there is a few more items I am forgetting but thats the fat of the build.

402 rwhp through an unlocked 4400 stall for a basic heads/cam build I THOUGHT was very good. I was hoping for 410-420 but that would be through a LOCKED CONVERTER, so technically the horse was more than I could have expected.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
Well its been a little while since the build has been done now and I been needing a tune. I used a friend of mine in New Jersey (Twisted Minds Racing, or TMR) guys name is Tommy and he uses a DynoJet in an old Barn located in Tabernacle, New Jersey. He is really a good LSX Tuner. Took his time to get BOTH tables to be in sync (most tuners just fix the MAF Table and call it a day, but Tommy did BOTH of them so the car works

flawle

Anyways, the converter I have would not go into lock up. It was like a clutch slipping in each gear. She put down 402/360 through an unlocked converter. Third gear, 145 miles an hour and the converter flashes to 4400 RPM (Big 'ole converter). These are corrected SAE numbers. The uncorrected numbers were 417/354

She pulls like a freight train off the line and keeps motoring down the highway at a great pace.

I was originally a little bummed by the lack of numbers, but when I heard it was through UNLOCKED 4400 Stall converter, I got a little happier

For all the dyno sheet people that live and die by their dyno graphs, it isnt a lot of horsepower, but for the people that actually RACE and not care about dyno numbers, the car is a beast for a old set of heads and a mediocre sized cam and a 4400 stall converter.

I will post up the dyno sheets when I get a few moments to spare. I havent had a lot of time to mess around with the computer lately.

Anyways, big shout out to Tommy at Twisted Minds Racing (TMR) and Modern Muscle (dynoJet owners company).

It was a little weird pulling up to a Barn out on the boarderline of Philly and Jersey but Tommy spent over 4 hours tuning this bad boy. 2-2.5 hours just getting the tables to be in sync and then the rest was dyno time. And then on to the street tune part.

Tommy charges a flat rate for tune and Modern Muscle charges a flat rate for the dyno time (200 for the dyno.. Doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour on the dyno or 10 hours on the dyno. 200 is what it is. Which is a really good price). Tommy also doesnt charge for retunes for anything unless you change the entire heads/cam or motor. Even if you want Nitrous tune, he brings the car to Atco and tunes it on the track for NO CHARGE. Thats right! No extra charge for nitrous tuning and track tuning.

I completely forgot about Tommy when I was considering tuners. There was a few in new york that are good, but Tommy is just a really nice guy, very intelligent when it comes to these LSX's. He also builds motors too. He had a camaro come down which he built and tuned. Car put down a STOUT 615+ RWHP.

Anyways, thats the end of the story. If anyone wants Tommy's phone number, PM me. I dont want to break rules on this board. So I am not putting up contact information. PM me if you want it.

P.S. I towed the camaro there. Rented a Uhaul full car carrier, hitched it up to the Suburban and it was only A HALF A TANK OF GAS TOWING THE CAMARO UP TO TABERNACLE, NEW JERSEY!!! I couldnt believe it. I usually spend a half of tank of gas going to work and back in ONE DAY. I guess the Suburban LOVES LONG DISTANT HIGHWAY DRIVING! LOL

Dyno Graphs:
Hey do you have tommys number? I need to tune my ctsv and I'm like 10 mins from tabernacle
Old 05-22-2017, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

6 year old thread. FreakishSpeed Last Activity Here: 01-07-2012 08:03 PM

Quick Reply: Tuned By TMR ( Twisted Minds Racing)