PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help O2 and knock sensor prob (screw NY state inspection)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help O2 and knock sensor prob (screw NY state inspection)

I have a bunch of mods on my car only one O2 sensor left on the down pipe from the turbo no cats, i keep getting a code for low O2 sesnor activity bank on sensor one, the other O2 sensors are supposidly turned off in the ECM. I plug my snap on scanner on the car it shows readings for 4 O2 sensors and shows bank 1 sensor 1 reading. i changed the O2 sensor thats in the car code will not go away. what should i do????? i also have a knock sesnor code belive it was low voltage, removed intake removed knock sensor wiring harness and ohm-ed harness all looks ok im changing the knock sensors tomorrow. when i got the car tuned Matt from ttp performence said the knock sensor code is a common prob, can anyone please help me out with either of these problems im a diesel mechanic and not the best with wiring and electrical when i dont know what does what and why and thats def the case with this car. any help would be greatly appretiated Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where abouts is the 02 sensor located in the DP? if its too far down the pipe it may have some problems with reading low activity, could try moving it closer to the turbo or even into one of the manifolds. also the diameter of the pipe could come into play aswell, could be a velocity issue? make sure the o2 sticks will into the pipe when its threaded in, if the end of the o2 is shrouded at all then that could throw off readings aswell. as for knock sensor low voltage deos it tell you weather its sensor 1 or 2? with what ive seen a low voltage issue is usually just the sensor itself due to the fact the knock sensors produce there own voltage. they just wear out eventually. hope ANY of this helps ya out... good luck
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Do you have HPT or EFI? I would download the tune and see how they cut off the O2's, it sounds like they might not be turned off correctly.