PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

efi live misfire pids wont monitor.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default efi live misfire pids wont monitor.

Ive got a misifire issue going on with my car and i want to isolate it to a specific cylinder. my misfire detection max temp is set at 130 celcius which is about 266 farenheit. minimum is -40 celsius.The scan tool just reads zero when monitoring all misfire current and history pids. tried connecting a tech2 and i get the same results even if i purposely unplug a plug wire. the car was originally tuned about 4 years ago with hp tuners. I remember my tuner saying he was doing something so i would stop getting the po300 code after my cam install. My tuner no longer lives near me and i dont have his contact info so im trying to figure out. does anybody know any other calibrations i can load in order to monitor the misfire pids?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The misfire table values in the tune were probably maxed out. Common to do on cammed cars to keep from setting false misfires because of cam lope. Nothing short of editing the tune and setting the tables back to their stock values well reenable the misfire detection. Look and see if they are all set to 32767.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
The misfire table values in the tune were probably maxed out. Common to do on cammed cars to keep from setting false misfires because of cam lope.
Common for people to take a short cut. You dont need missfire turned off just because you have a cam. You can easily adjust the tables so you still have missfire detection, but alot of people just turn it off because its quicker.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98trans-am
Ive got a misifire issue going on with my car and i want to isolate it to a specific cylinder. my misfire detection max temp is set at 130 celcius which is about 266 farenheit. minimum is -40 celsius.The scan tool just reads zero when monitoring all misfire current and history pids. tried connecting a tech2 and i get the same results even if i purposely unplug a plug wire. the car was originally tuned about 4 years ago with hp tuners. I remember my tuner saying he was doing something so i would stop getting the po300 code after my cam install. My tuner no longer lives near me and i dont have his contact info so im trying to figure out. does anybody know any other calibrations i can load in order to monitor the misfire pids?

Can you download your tune with EFI? You just need to re-adjust your missfire tables so it will actually work then you can log it.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am able to download my tune with efi live. i checked over the tables and some of the cells are set at 32767. it looks like only on lower rpm and high load area. dont have the most experience with tuning so this might be a slow process. i currently have po300 on emmisions processing enablers set to trip on b:2 trips, should i also set that to 1 trip to see if that makes a difference?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 AM
9 Second Club

Email me your tune and I'll fix it and email it back.

Quick Reply: efi live misfire pids wont monitor.