Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune out ASR

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tune out ASR

Can you tune out the anti slip rearend feature with HP tuners? I never liked it and would like to mount my wideband there?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not completely...or at least not that I could figure out. You can change how much spark is taken out, but since the ABS system is involved (to which HPTuners doesn't allow access), it'll never be completely gone without punching that button.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

just pull out the fuse from the fusebox in the engine compartment. the asr light will stay on but you can either take the bulb out or just put a piece of black tape over the light which is what i did. Other then that I am pretty sure on camaros an firebirds they are all mechanical tcs/ asr unlike the corvette which is software, some one can chime in and correct me if I am wrong on the vette style tcs / asr.. Hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, might just pull that fuse and leave everything else intact. Can you tune out the light? Is it a different light then the abs?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Snapps
just pull out the fuse from the fusebox in the engine compartment. the asr light will stay on but you can either take the bulb out or just put a piece of black tape over the light which is what i did. Other then that I am pretty sure on camaros an firebirds they are all mechanical tcs/ asr unlike the corvette which is software, some one can chime in and correct me if I am wrong on the vette style tcs / asr.. Hope this helps.
Mechanical? I'm not sure what you mean, but traction control on Camaros/Firebirds is definitely software driven - some of it is located in the PCM, but not all of it, hence why it can't be fully tuned out with consumer grade software.

Originally Posted by specialized.1
Thanks guys, might just pull that fuse and leave everything else intact. Can you tune out the light? Is it a different light then the abs?
No, you can't tune out the light. If you pull the TCS fuse, the "ASR OFF" light will stay lit. Just like if you pushed the button.

Quick Reply: Tune out ASR