Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Course in Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Crash Course in Tuning

i'm tired of paying other folks to tune my car, so i think it's time to break down and buy HP Tuners......i've been putting this off for a while, so what all do i need to get?.....i figure i'll buy the basic HP program, should i also get a wideband?.....which wideband is a popular choice with these cars?.....which one will work if i order another 02 bung and weld it on to my headers?.....i have alot of reading to do, but i want to go ahead and get set up with the right gear so that i'm not reading about products i'm not even going to use.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laptop and HP Tuners will get you going. Of course, tuning with the wideband is the only true way to tune. You can tune using the cars narrow band sensors, but if you want it to be perfect, you really need to use the wideband. In order to have data from the wideband be monitored through HP Tuners, you will need to buy the Pro Version. My recommendation is to buy HP Tuners Pro and a LM1 Wideband. These can be bought through the HP Tuners School and you can get the books to help guide you through your tuning experience.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^that's what i needed.....thanks brotha'