Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1516 set after tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1516 set after tune

Bought a very well known and respected tune for my 08' Grand Prix GXP LS4, installed the new ECM,TCM, immediately got the crank relearn CEL (which was to be expected), took it to GM to do the procedure, all was well. I get on the highway and drive normally for a while to familiarize nothing out of the ordinary. I get on it after a while and do some WOT stabs, immediately I throw a P1516 CEL which is:

"The commanded throttle position, based on accelerator pedal position and possibly other limiting factors, is compared to the Actual throttle position. The 2 values should be within a calibrated range of each other. Both the PCM and the TAC module redundantly monitor the Commanded and Actual throttle position. This DTC sets if the TAC module detects the problem."

Is this a result of the tune or could I have somehow have a bad component, connection in the TAP assembly? Anyone ever experience this?

I had an idle relearn performed and the measured vs actual was off by 13%. The CEL cleared, later in the day went WOT again and the same code set...

Last edited by redlightrampage; 06-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: P1516 set after tune