PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lnc 001 vs 002 vs 003 vs msd 2 step ?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow lnc 001 vs 002 vs 003 vs msd 2 step ?

whats the difference between the lingenfelter 2 steps and what do you recomend the msd or lingenfelter. iam running a six speed t.a and trying to make it as consistant as possible any help will be appriciated thanks matt.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually wondering this same exact thing.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Lingenfelter LNC two step product differences

The LNC-001 was our first 2-step. It had a single 2-step feature and nothing else. We only made a few of these before coming out with the LNC-001R.

The LNC-001R was an update to the LNC-001 software that provided a timing retard function. LNC-001 customers were able to send the LNC-001 in to be updated to the LNC-001R. The LNC-001R was replaced by the LNC-002 (roughly 2008).

The LNC-002 had a 2-step feature and it also had a timing retard feature. The timing retard could be set directly with a dial selector (for nitrous applications) or it could be MAP based using the 3 bar MAP sensor connection built in. The LNC-002 also had a full timing retard activation feature for use on turbo vehicles to retard the timing off the line. The LNC-002 has been out of production for roughly one year and is being replaced by the LNC-2000 (to be out in a couple of weeks).

The LNC-003 is a true 2-step that has two independent RPM limit settings but does not have a timing retard feature. The LNC-003 is still in production. Because it does not have the MAP sensor input or the timing retard features, the LNC-003 is our most economical 2-step. If you don't need a timing retard feature, this is the 2-step we recommend. The LNC-003 would be considered our competing product to the MSD 2-step.

The LNC-2000 is the replacement for the LNC-002. It should be available in a couple of weeks. The LNC-2000 has all of the features of the LNC-002 along with an analog input mode if you want to control the timing retard with an external device (nitrous controller, series of relays etc.).

The LNC-TC1 is our torque-cut version of the LNC. It has only a single RPM limit (2-step) but has an adjustable engine torque cut feature for use with dog engagement type transmissions in order to cut engine torque during a shift. The torque cut is adjustable in duration and accepts an input from load cell type shifters or from external devices. This product is still in the prototype stages and has not been released to the public.

All of the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering LNC products are a plug-and-play install on the coil/engine side. The amount of wiring required, if any, depends on the method of activation desired. Installation instructions are provided for many of the possible activation methods.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by monte383sbc
whats the difference between the lingenfelter 2 steps and what do you recomend the msd or lingenfelter. iam running a six speed t.a and trying to make it as consistant as possible any help will be appriciated thanks matt.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Launching!

this help allot and i really appreciate your time. now my car is a 6 speed car and i need a 2 step but i will be hitting it with a little nitrous at the track and it will be street driven, would the lnc-002 be the one to get?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC for all motor and nitrous later on

Unless you want to have two 2-step settings, for example one for the burn out and one for the line, then I would recommend getting the LNC-2000 (the replacement for the LNC-002). For now you would just use the 2-step feature at the line but later on when you add nitrous you would then have a way to take out timing.

If you want to have two separate 2-step settings then you would want the LNC-003. The LNC-003 doesn't provide timing retard so you would have to perform the timing retard for nitrous by a different method though.

The production circuit boards arrived for the LNC-2000's so we should be around 2 weeks away from shipping the LNC-2000's.

Originally Posted by monte383sbc
this help allot and i really appreciate your time. now my car is a 6 speed car and i need a 2 step but i will be hitting it with a little nitrous at the track and it will be street driven, would the lnc-002 be the one to get?
Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Launching!

thanks for the help jason
Old 07-13-2011, 04:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a brand new LNC-002 that I tried using for my nitrous setup and the timing retard feature caused alot of breakup issues on the dyno. I disabled the timing pull on the box and pulled timing through the PCM and all was well. Is the LNC-2000 supposed to address that issue? Aparently I'm not the only one with that issue because I have quite a few other car's using the same box with similar issues.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOw do these retard the timing?? Is it in line with the crank sensor?? I had one of those timing twisters and it was garbage. Can you see the timing being pulled in a log, with efi-live, or hpt.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

The LNC-002 plugs between the coil harness and the coil packs so it interrupts the signal from the PCM and delay's it for the set timing angle. However it didn't work on my setup.

I use the Traction Control to pull timing on the fly now.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Lnc-002

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
I have a brand new LNC-002 that I tried using for my nitrous setup and the timing retard feature caused alot of breakup issues on the dyno. I disabled the timing pull on the box and pulled timing through the PCM and all was well. Is the LNC-2000 supposed to address that issue? Aparently I'm not the only one with that issue because I have quite a few other car's using the same box with similar issues.
The LNC-2000 has a different circuit board and different software design. We have done extensive testing of the LNC-2000 and not experienced any ignition breakup related problems.

Please contact me directly so we can arrange testing your LNC-002.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LPE LNC-2000 2-step with timing retard status update

We finished testing today on the chassis dynamometer with the LNC-2000. The LNC-2000 is the replacement for the LNC-002. Based on the results of this testing and the testing completed before, the LNC-2000 is now released for production.

The LNC-2000’s will start getting assembled next week (week of the 1st of August) and will be shipping the week of the 8th. We expect to assemble 25 units for this first batch. I think we already have standing orders for about half of the units so place your orders with us or with your LPE distributor right away if you want one from this first batch. We expect to produce another batch of 25 to 30 parts in another week or two.

Like the LNC-002 it replaces, the LNC-2000 provides one 2-step setting and then also provides the ability to retard timing based on a switch setting or based on boost pressure. When setting the timing retard based on the switch setting you can also ramp in the retard versus time.

The LNC-2000 has these added features/changes compared to the LNC-002:
  • increased noise filtering to further isolate it from unwanted electrical noise signals
  • analog input to allow an external device to vary ignition timing retard (so external nitrous controllers, switch boxes etc can now modify the timing retard while the engine is running)
  • improved 2-step software algorithm for holding the RPM set point
Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason helped me out with this same question on the phone about 3 months ago.

If you can wait, i would wait just a little longer for the new controller. I unfortunately am an impatient son of a bitch and tracked down an 002 controller. Needless to say its installed, but my rear end is about to grenade so i havent even used my bottle yet. Should have waited for the damn new controller. Either way, not to suck nards, but the customer service at Lingenfelter is fantastic. I dont have many parts from them, but everything i do or have gotten is great stuff and they stand behind their product. Im sure msd does also, but after running some of the msd stuff, i just like the way the lingenfelter stuff is designed better personally.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Chassis dynamometer graph of timing retard

Here is a chassis dynamometer graph of our testing of the LNC-2000 on a 427 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. One power curve is with 4 degrees of timing retard and the other is with 8 degrees of timing retard. Both runs are engine only (no nitrous).
Attached Thumbnails lnc 001 vs 002 vs 003 vs msd 2 step ?-lnc-timing-retard.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC-2000 w and with nitrous dyno graph

Here is a graph of the same 427 CID Firebird TA with and without the nitrous on. It goes real rich at low RPM but normally you wouldn't be in that range with the nitrous on. This testing was for LNC-2000 function testing so we weren't trying to optimize the engine performance and nitrous system.

The nitrous system is a Nitrous Outlet wet nitrous system with no controller (simple on/off control). Jets are 52 N2O and 28 Fuel.

The fuel is provided by the main fuel pump (Racetronix TI-Walbro GSS high flow fuel pump kit). A Boost-A-Pump (fuel pump voltage booster) is enabled when the nitrous is enabled in order to maintain fuel pressure.
Attached Thumbnails lnc 001 vs 002 vs 003 vs msd 2 step ?-lnc-w-wo-nitrous.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lnc 001 vs 002 vs 003 vs msd 2 step ?