Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-step and transbrake wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2-step and transbrake wiring help

I am wiring my two step and transbrake tomorrow morning. I am using Jake's T-brake and a MSD 2 step. I want to wire my trans brake and 2 step into my momentary switch located on my shift ****.

To wire the trans brake up all it is, is one wire that controls the 2-3 shift solenoid. Putting the car in manual low engages the trans brake and wiring the momentary switch to a ground. Now the 2 step uses a ground or a 12 volt source. Should I just wire the ground for the 2 step into the same ground I am using to ground my momentary switch? That should work right?

This should allow me to set my launch rpm and when I press the momentary button the 2 step and transbrake activate and release together.

If any of this doesn't sound right let me know.

Also for the Jakes Performance "black box" (i'm guessing its similar to the Rossler unit in function) has 3 wires in my application. One obv. for transbrake, one is a TC lock up ground and the other is a 12v ign source. I already have a switch located in the panel in front of the shifter that controls my lock up. I guess I just use the existing wire and wire it to the lock up ground. And the 12v ign. source I'll find in the fuse box somewhere.

Quick Reply: 2-step and transbrake wiring help