PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wont Start???????

Old 03-01-2004, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Wont Start???????

I changed my battery cables out and now the damn thing wont start. It turns over but it wont run. I took the spark plug wire off and it doesnt spark? So wtf is wrong with this pos.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

the crank sensor plug was undone and now is hooked back up but now it still wont start? what could be the problem? if no wires are bad or fuses then what could it be?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

obviously you didnt connect something back up properly, why did you change your battery wires?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the exact same problem and after trying new camshaft and crank sensors to no avail, it ended up being the ignition relay. It seems more likely that yours may be related to the crank sensor since it was unplugged, but as long as everything was reconnected properly, I don't see how that could cause any harm. There are certain situations that require a crank position relearn, but unplugging and reconnecting the sensor shouldn't require that (unless, perhaps, you tried to turn the car over with the crank sensor unplugged).

I would recommend trying the ignition relay first, as it's only a $13 part that can be returned to AutoZone (or wherever) if it doesn't work.

Hope this helps, I know it's frustrating.

Josh

Search this Thread