Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is HP Tuner for me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is HP Tuner for me?

Finally go my motor rebuild done and the car back in my hands. I just recent moved to Florida and I don't really know of any tuners around here so I was thing about investing in a DIY system like HP Tuner. I was thinking about this route because i have ADHD and the list of mods i want to do for the car changes like the channels in my head which at $450 a tune is adding up. I still consider myself a newbie though I've done everything other than tune this car myself, which seems very intimidating. The purpose of investing is to be able to drive the car and have fun until i can get to a dyno in-between mods. Can HP tuner be something for me?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its definitely a good option if you plan on doing a mod here and there ie headers, tune, catback, tune, new cam, tune, etc. Also if you are a DIY guy you'll love the fact that you can tweak your tune anytime you want.

If you have any specific questions let me know. You can download our demo software from the link in my sig.

-Bill
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Thanks man I'll try the download tomorrow. Any other DIY's fall in love with this program. Do's and dont's plz. I'm hungry for some knowledge.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Datankid069
Thanks man I'll try the download tomorrow. Any other DIY's fall in love with this program. Do's and dont's plz. I'm hungry for some knowledge.
I compiled this of a couple years of tuning its basically what I would've done step by step if I were just starting out http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11178
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks a lot Bill, I really appreciate your time man.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:49 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Other than WOT you really don't need a dyno.

Most of your tuning is Starting, Idling & drive ability. These are the most difficult area's & take the most time.

I choose HPT as I was lucky enough to have a Mentor that used HPT. I'm know considering adding the other software in addition to my HPT. I've spent far more than the original software cost in training material, I think of the other software as another cost of education.

If you would like to discuss further send me a PM.