Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: camshaft position sensor signal low

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help: camshaft position sensor signal low

I could really use some help with this sensor circuit code I'm throwing as I have little to no wiring/trouble shooting experience.

After doing a header install with no O2 sensor extensions and tugging on the harness (which may or may not be contributing to the issue) a bit I started throwing this code and having hard start problems.

At this point I have removed the supercharger, located and disconnected the CPS connector. When I turn the ignition to on position and check the three wires for voltage I'm getting zero readings at all 3 pins on the harness side connector.

If I'm not getting juice to the connector then the sensor may not be the problem? All the other test I had planned were based on getting power to the sensor.

So what now? Any help would be greatly appreciated as car is for sale and needs to be fixed and perfect for next owner. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Looks like it may have been a bad connector, we'll see in just a few days.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Well...I still need help.

Originally I was getting no power to the connector or sensor. I have since replaced the connector with a piggyback and now also the sensor itself.

I could really use some help determining what the voltage should read on the camshaft position sensor signal wire (I believe it is the brown/wht wire). I am getting approximately 10v which will switch back and forth from 0v-10v when tested. I have been told that this should oscillate only between 0-5v when testing.

FYI- my orange wire is getting full battery voltage and the pink/blk is grounded.

Could anyone please verify on theres or anyone know off hand?

My car is currently for sale with multiple interested buyers so I need this fixed ASAP!!! thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

I haven't recieved much help on this topic but thought I would post the results regardless for future reference. Before bolting everything back together I went ahead and replaced the camshaft position sensor ($45) in addition to the CPS piggyback harness ($9) just for extra precaution. The new sensor tested the same as the original above so I'm pretty sure it wasn't the problem but for $45 I figured better safe than sorry. If the quote from the caddy service dept for 5v on the reference was correct, my plan was just to take the car into the shop and have them finish the job.

Long story short, all is well. With 10v at the signal reference all my codes went away, check engine light gone, and easy first kick starts everytime. Put 400 miles on it so far and no problems since. Just FYI-may caddy just didn't know what they were talking about.

Quick Reply: Help: camshaft position sensor signal low