Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Predator question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport Predator question

I'm new at this hand held tuner thing and I know just enough to really screw something up so if this is a stupid question please forgive me
I bought a 99 trans am about 8 months ago. It has a few mods. Hooker long tube headers, cated out Y and aerochamber muffler along with 3:73 in the rear. The person who did this work I assume did a custom tune with the predator. Since I'm not sure what he programed or if its correct (car seems/smells like its running rich). So my question is if I use the predator 91 octane tune will it screw up any setting for the gear ratio? I assume predator uses the stock axle ration in there tune as far as speedo goes. Can that be changed to work with the 3:73s?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Power the tool up and go to options/show last tune written.

This will show if it was a custom tune or a canned tune from the tool.

Either way, you can change tunes if you like. There is an option to set up 3.73 gears in the tuner as well.
Be sure not to restore the stock tune (original backup) as this will erase any custom tunes that may be loaded.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks! I messed with it alittle and was able to put tire size and axle ratio in. It already has the diablo tune. I still smell what seems to be a rich condition
(Smells strong like unburnt fuel and puffs a little white smoke when I hammer it? But seems to run good?
Can I registester the tool even though someone else biught it? I'd like to be able to get updates and so forth?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Cant register a used tool, but updates are free, no need to register.

It could be idling a bit rich with the longtubes, a customtune can clear that right up.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Can you tell me which parameters adjust richness at idle? I have the 7198 tuner for a 2000 LS1. I can make it run leaner at WOT from different RPM ranges but don't see an idle adjustment. Would that be the injector slope adjustment?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by beaSSt
Can you tell me which parameters adjust richness at idle? I have the 7198 tuner for a 2000 LS1. I can make it run leaner at WOT from different RPM ranges but don't see an idle adjustment. Would that be the injector slope adjustment?
Yes, that would be the only way to adjust part throttle fueling.

there is a great write up here on our forums:
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...iewtopic&t=917

Thanks