PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Megasquirt 3 instalation writeup

Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megasquirt 3 instalation writeup

I just bought a megasquirt3 for my turbo LQ4 build. I have found bits and pieces for wiring and software settings for the an ls style motor using the cop and sequential settings. I was wondering if anyone has found a more comprehensive write up detailing the install on one of these motors. Thanks,
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Veteran

^ Just wondering why an LS* Style PCM wouldn't work, and why you chose the Stand Alone route... . I've heard of MS before and a lot of the Euro crowd uses it. Not trying to sound harsh, I'm just curious. The LS style PCMs are pretty powerful.

Is this going in your Chevy II or a latemodel GM?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Yea I am pulling out the turbo v6 from my chevyII and putting in the turbo LQ4. I would like to do a real clean install and I feel the stand alone harness will do just that. I am used to tuning with a Classic FAST. The system software has a similar feel to tune and it has alot of options for a great price. It does 2 step and built in boost control. nitrous control and wideband adjustment. and much more.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

I often wondered about this also. A megasquirt system also the funtion to run high or low impedance injectors. I was thinking about puting it on my turbo car and usein my pcm for another build that's gonna be more streetable.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it come with harness, and what's the cost?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

about $600 plus $150 for the two harnesses if you go the MS3 with the expansion board
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM

Default MS3 Help

Hey man I'm also looking at going the Megasquirt 3 route that way its clean and I'm already familiar with running the system on my buddies BBC. I have a 5.3 LS / LM7 .. I haven't found any write ups there is a guy here that is running one on his drag car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...rag-car-8.html

We really need to work on this together and get it figured out. I'm highly motivated just not sure where exactly to even start.

Currently i have the stock wiring harness and PCM but after hooking it all up its so dirty and I'm still going to need to install EFI live ($800) to tune it so I figure I'm a dumbass if i dont try to go full standalone and just sell my PCM.

I mean if this doensn't look like a damn nightmare I don't know what does .. http://lh3.ggpht.com/-FBJu7GqxzlQ/Tm...5B3%25255D.jpg
Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running MS2, using just the stock 24 tooth crank wheel, wasted spark ford coils, and batch firing subaru STI injectors. Makes for a real simple and clean setup that works really well, and i'm only in it 300 bucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Megasquirt 3 instalation writeup