Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3
Default Megasquirt 3 instalation writeup

I just bought a megasquirt3 for my turbo LQ4 build. I have found bits and pieces for wiring and software settings for the an ls style motor using the cop and sequential settings. I was wondering if anyone has found a more comprehensive write up detailing the install on one of these motors. Thanks,
1963 chevyII lq4 with Eagle crank Callies rods Wiseco pistons Holley HP ECU 160lb inj 1/2" fuel line(3/8's return) with Magnafuel 750 pump E85 PT88 turbo Liquid intercooler 5" downpipe with 4" exh. Four bar rear suspension with coil overs and ford 9" with 3.25 gear ratio and mini tub with 28X11.50-15 slicks Checkered racing front clip with QA1 coilovers. best time 9.2@148MPH with 19psi boost and 1.47 60'
turbo6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
TECH Veteran
2000 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 14

^ Just wondering why an LS* Style PCM wouldn't work, and why you chose the Stand Alone route... . I've heard of MS before and a lot of the Euro crowd uses it. Not trying to sound harsh, I'm just curious. The LS style PCMs are pretty powerful.

Is this going in your Chevy II or a latemodel GM?
2008 VW R32, #1511, DBP, aFe intake, flapper mod.
bayer-z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

Yea I am pulling out the turbo v6 from my chevyII and putting in the turbo LQ4. I would like to do a real clean install and I feel the stand alone harness will do just that. I am used to tuning with a Classic FAST. The system software has a similar feel to tune and it has alot of options for a great price. It does 2 step and built in boost control. nitrous control and wideband adjustment. and much more.
1963 chevyII lq4 with Eagle crank Callies rods Wiseco pistons Holley HP ECU 160lb inj 1/2" fuel line(3/8's return) with Magnafuel 750 pump E85 PT88 turbo Liquid intercooler 5" downpipe with 4" exh. Four bar rear suspension with coil overs and ford 9" with 3.25 gear ratio and mini tub with 28X11.50-15 slicks Checkered racing front clip with QA1 coilovers. best time 9.2@148MPH with 19psi boost and 1.47 60'
turbo6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to BLINGOLE

I often wondered about this also. A megasquirt system also the funtion to run high or low impedance injectors. I was thinking about puting it on my turbo car and usein my pcm for another build that's gonna be more streetable.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
TECH Fanatic
1981 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 0

Does it come with harness, and what's the cost?
MillsMotorvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 5

about $600 plus $150 for the two harnesses if you go the MS3 with the expansion board
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default MS3 Help

Hey man I'm also looking at going the Megasquirt 3 route that way its clean and I'm already familiar with running the system on my buddies BBC. I have a 5.3 LS / LM7 .. I haven't found any write ups there is a guy here that is running one on his drag car.

Another turbo 5.3L fox notch drag car

We really need to work on this together and get it figured out. I'm highly motivated just not sure where exactly to even start.

Currently i have the stock wiring harness and PCM but after hooking it all up its so dirty and I'm still going to need to install EFI live ($800) to tune it so I figure I'm a dumbass if i dont try to go full standalone and just sell my PCM.

I mean if this doensn't look like a damn nightmare I don't know what does .. http://lh3.ggpht.com/-FBJu7GqxzlQ/Tm...5B3%25255D.jpg
bigamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

I'm running MS2, using just the stock 24 tooth crank wheel, wasted spark ford coils, and batch firing subaru STI injectors. Makes for a real simple and clean setup that works really well, and i'm only in it 300 bucks.

Click the image to open in full size.
55superbeetle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
boost, build, cop, installation, lq4, ls, ls1, ls7, megasquirt, pcm, stock, tuner, tunign, turbo, writeup