Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 Z71 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0 Z71 problem

Hello. Hope someone on here might be able to help. I have an 02 Z71 that I installed a 6.0 with ls3 heads and the l92 truck intake. It has a small Lunati voodoo cam. Had it dyno tuned and now its popping a code for the maf. P0101 maf performance range. It's a new gm sensor. When I accelerate and the motor gets to about 1800; the motor floods itself so much that it bogs the motor. Sometimes it will backfire up into the intake. I read that the map sensor can throw the p0101 code too, so I replaced it with a new one from gm. Problem is still there. I disconnect the map and the problem seems to go away. The code that comes up now of course is for the map. I can flat foot it and it does just fine. Any ideas?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:06 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It needs to be data logged so you can see what the MAF and MAP readings are doing when this happens. I would take it back to the tuner and have them check it out... If you have anyone else around with tuning software that can pull the tune file out and look at it, that would be a good idea too - or post it on here and someone can look it over. It is possible that something is wrong with the tune, or it could be hardware related (but with two new sensors, I doubt it...). Wiring problems usually cause intermittent problems, not at the exact same RPM every time...