PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 - Car will crank and not start / Reduced Engine power - P0606 and P1518

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 - Car will crank and not start / Reduced Engine power - P0606 and P1518

I dropped my car off with a detailer recently to have him correct the paint of my 99 FRC. I bought the car about 2 months ago and noticed the car had what looked like a junkyard battery and we had to pull the battery cable once to get the key fob to reprogram and remove some TPMS issues. The Volt Gauge would be super erratic showing 13.7 to 14.4 to 13.2 etc while driving - I figured it was the battery and planned on replacing it after I got the car back.

The detailer is a friend, so I told him he could drive the car if he wanted to... he did and the car left him stranded on the turn pike with a low oil pressure light (oil was low, i blame oil consumption nothing much else), and the P0606 (PCM Internal Communication Interrupted) and P1518 (PCM to TAC Module Serial Data Circuit) codes. After doing a little reading I had my buddy replace the battery (topped off the oil too). The car now will crank with no issues but not start, same codes (but without the low oil pressure indicator) and now with traction control codes and others...

I'm going to see the car in person tomorrow with a laptop that has HPTuners and a copy of my car's tune on it (My tuner's laptop/cable - he's a friend) to reload it/wipe the ECU, but I'd like to see what CF has a suggestions on what else to look at/do if that doesn't work.

Thanks!
-Ryan

Quick Reply: C5 - Car will crank and not start / Reduced Engine power - P0606 and P1518