PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 Stroker: possible ignition issue??

Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 408 Stroker: possible ignition issue??

A good friend of mine has a set up like I plan to someday replicate (with the right amount of funds of course lol.)

I will be able to give more information shortly when he arrives. What I do know is this: 408 stroker, ported and polished L92 performance heads, 91mm turbo.
Things I do not know YET I can provide today around or after 1 o clock

The issue is this, the car will not rev past 4,000. Not long ago it would. The cars A/F ratio sits at an idle around 16. Cracking the throttle drops it to around 10.6. I dont not know the fuel system YET, however I can tell you it has more than enough capability to supply to his set up.

The car last night give DTC's of Mass Air Low Circuit A, Mass Air Low Circuit B, Coolant Temp, and two others I'll have to get later when he arrives

I have HP Tuners & he was wanting to see what the fuel trims looked like on it. Personally I think his fuel is enough (albeit rather off where it needs at WOT and idle perhaps). I believe his problem lies somewhere with ignition. I may be crazy but can a faulty Crank sensor cause an issue like this? Not saying thats the ONLY issue but my analysis at a glance.

Any light would be appreciated

Search this Thread