Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help. No start issue 24x

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need some help. No start issue 24x

Ok so a quick overview of my setup. Im running a Clayton Racing build 383 stroker, specs in signature, with a 24x LS1 PCM/Coil conversion.

Heres whats happend. About 2 months ago I got everything together and the car started fine after we disabled VATS via the tune. No problems for a bit while we were breaking in the car until one day it decided to shut of one me. I cycled my key a few times and it came back to life. This happend 3 or 4 more times and got worse and worse each time and would require more key cycling each time. Well about a month ago I took the car up to get it tuned by Jeremy Formato. He set everything up for me on the dyno and the car ran great. Well the following evening my monster transmission decided to take a crap (whole seprate issue) and in the process of trying to diagnose the slipping the car died at the end of the driveway. I tryed hooking my scan tool up to see if i could find an indication of why it keeps cutting off... Well upon running the scan I saw no crank and no cam signal. All the sensors check out and have supplied voltage and ground. The car would crank over just fine but just wouldnt pulse injectors or coils.

After about 20 mins of key cycling i gave up and tryed reflashing my tune. Miraculously the car started. This left me more baffled. Well the following week i decided to take the car to the trans shop to battle that issue. In the process of going there it once again died. This time even after reflashing the car refused to start. Its since been in my garage and i've done the stupidest thing a technichan can do and ive thrown parts at it trying to get something to hit. So far ive replaced the ignition switch, the PCM (after a lovely 80 dollars worth of hp tuner credits), and ive bypassed VATs at both the key and the pcm. Im compleatly stumped now. Car still cranks but still no cam or crankshaft signal and no DTCs. Ive been told it could be a possible BCM issue but i dont want to keep wasting money on parts that arent the problem. So help me troubleshoot guys... what am i missing?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 AM
TECH Resident

Bump! Need help on this one, at a complete stall now
Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Can you bypass the BCM by setting the harness up as it would on a stand alone system?
Are you getting a tach signal?

just throwing out a couple ??
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no crank nor cam signal? wouldn't that be the problem? sounds like the pcm can't tell when to fire the coils...

Last edited by brettmc; 10-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

it finnaly threw a code at us... code p0335, checked the whole circuit has full continuity from the pcm to the sensor, looks like its a bad crank sensor... waiting on the new one to get here

Quick Reply: Need some help. No start issue 24x