Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 with a p0336

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 408 with a p0336

I put a 408 in my 98 trans am. The first time around the reluctor wheel wasnt running true. So I pulled the motor out again and took it back to the machine shop. They put a new wheel on it with the goodson tool. I have checked to make sure it was installed the right direction and it is. And its running true. Now I have a p0336 code. After a few key cycles the light even went out in the dash. Car idles great, and runs fine untill it reaches around 4500 rpm, or rpms raise fast like in 1st-3rd gear, then its like it hits a rev limiter. Last night it even shut off. So I replaced the crank sensor and the new one wouldnt even start the car.

My question is this. I have checked about everything I can think of and searched here for ideas. Im to the point of thinking it needs the relearn procedure. Are you guys seeing that everytime the motor is out or you change a crank sensor you have to do the relearn? I see alot of people who say they didnt have to and some that say its a requirement. Thanks alot for any help