Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice with innovate Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice with innovate Products

I got the Beginners course and Advance course from the Tuning School. I really want to start tuning soon. I'm very interested in innovate products since they offer that "piggy back system" But they have some many products and I'm honestly lost in which product would fit me best.

First of course i want to monitor both headers with a dedicated o2 sensor on both sides. then from what i understand those sensors must run to a module(not sure which one) My questions can i get these wideband sensors give real time log data that i can monitor and use with HP tuners & have them hooked up to two Wide-band gauges in the car?

i'm sure it possible and people have done it. I just find innovate's website to be to tech for me. I'm nearly learning and I can't understand half the things it explains. LOL.

Thank you for reading.
Ws6kid.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get an LM-2 with 2 sensors, and yes, it does real time logging that feeds into your tuning software... I have one with 1 sensor and really like it. I also use a serial cable connection to my EFILive and prefer that route vice analog. Hope that helps!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
You can get an LM-2 with 2 sensors, and yes, it does real time logging that feeds into your tuning software... I have one with 1 sensor and really like it. I also use a serial cable connection to my EFILive and prefer that route vice analog. Hope that helps!
one more question... Do i have to run two gauges for the two sensors? or can it some how be compiled into one gauge?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Also isn't the lm-2 the handheld system?
i would prefer it to be built into the car
so i should go with the lm-3?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do you want a dual channel wideband with your mild setup? Doesnt make a lot of sense.

I would buy a $160 AEM UEGO and be done with it.

Dual widebands wont make you a better tuner. Learning to tune will.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gregrob
Why do you want a dual channel wideband with your mild setup? Doesnt make a lot of sense.

I would buy a $160 AEM UEGO and be done with it.

Dual widebands wont make you a better tuner. Learning to tune will.
well I didn't know i was doing over kill with the dual channel system.
thanks for the advice, so in theory the sideband o2 sensor would me mounted on the merge of the Y-pipe?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
9 Second Club

Yes, if you want it built in, you could choose another model (although the LM-2 can be put in the car permanently). However, like said above, you really only need one...

Personally, I wouldn't even bother putting a permanent one in the car - I would pull one of the narrowbands, use the LM-2 to tune it (you are tuning in open loop and don't need the narrowband at that time) and after tuning, put the narrowband back in...

Your fuel trims should be checked after tuning, and that tells you that both banks are fueling evenly (if they aren't, it is an indication of a vacuum or exhaust leak most times)...

Unless it is a blower or turbo car, I wouldn't put one in with a gage.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I have my LC1 in my Z28 permanently. it all depends on how you wire which ever brand you go with. Most can be made portable, if you would like.

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
well I didn't know i was doing over kill with the dual channel system.
thanks for the advice, so in theory the sideband o2 sensor would me mounted on the merge of the Y-pipe?
You only need one WB. Find the lean side (Usually driver's side) and mount the WB on that side within the distance specified from the collector. I have mine in the driver's side aft-cat sensor spot. It seems to work fine. Although, just check with your tuning software to see if it will read an input from another USB/Serial cable. HPT does not and the LC1 uses a serial output. Although, you can adapt a harness to accommodate work with an EIO Interface.

And apparently, the WBo2 is supposed to be mounted in a way that water cannot "pool" on the sensor. Or a way to prevent condensation accumulation. Probably 15* above horizontal.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I am buying a wideband and have duals with sidepipes. Will a single wideband be ok for me or should I look at getting a dual set up? The motor is a 408 12.5:1 and I will be running up to a 150 shot this year. Motor is built for 350 but I don't plan to go above 150 for the first year or two.

I know plugs will tell the story with the nitrous but will I be able to get an accurate tune with a wideband on one bank? My guess is I would do most of my tuning on one bank and then swap it over to confirm the other side is acting similar?

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by custm2500
I am buying a wideband and have duals with sidepipes. Will a single wideband be ok for me or should I look at getting a dual set up? The motor is a 408 12.5:1 and I will be running up to a 150 shot this year. Motor is built for 350 but I don't plan to go above 150 for the first year or two.

I know plugs will tell the story with the nitrous but will I be able to get an accurate tune with a wideband on one bank? My guess is I would do most of my tuning on one bank and then swap it over to confirm the other side is acting similar?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can put it in one bank and tune... then check the other bank if you want to piece of mind.