PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged 347 First time start up problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Forged 347 First time start up problem???

Ok I finally got my Forged 347 put together with stock exhaust manifolds and ls6 intake and stock injectors hoping it would start right up and idle...

I started it up and it turned over instantly and idled perfect at about 1k RPM for about 5 min or so then it started idleing lower around 850 or so and then it bogged out..

I had good oil pressure and no oil was leaking and I got it up to temperature and everything was going fine...

Then I let it cool off for 30 min and try to start it again and when i turned it over for the 2nd time it started for 2 seconds and then cut off, I waited a minute and tried again and it wouldnt turn over...

I have the stock 98 exhuast manifolds on and didnt block off the egr part on them so is that gonna cause it to bog out?

or do I need a start up tune for it to idle properly?

My mods are:

- TSP Forged 347 shortblock (stock crank) eagle rods, diamond -2cc pistons, Arp rod bolts.
- Trickflow 215 heads (59cc)
- Cometic .040 head gasket which would put me around 11.5/1 compression
- Ls6 intake w/stock injectors
- stock exhaust manifolds with no egr block off plates on them with y pipe loosely connected (getting headers next week).
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what codes is it throwing?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the O2 sensors installed, and the EGR ports are open, then air is getting into the exhaust - the O2 sensors see that and think it is lean when it is in open loop - PCM adds a bunch of fuel and that would cause it to bog and run like crap. Unhook the battery for a few minutes to clear the PCM out and unhook the O2 sensors - that will cause it to stay in open loop and extra fuel won't be added. But, block the EGR ports off...