PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code 0751... HELP!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 0751... HELP!

Ok, I know that it says something about a Shift Solenoid Malfunction or Stuck Off....

what does that mean I need to check on my car?

we just got the car a new transmission... does it have something to do with that?

one thing after another!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

have a dynostic done on it it will tell you whitch solenoid is sticking--they are easy to replace--1/2 hour max
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1-2 shift solenoid performance codes-basicly this code sets when the pcm tells the trans to shift,and after the shift shows to be completed the rpms are higher than when in the previous gear (no rpm drop) with on two seconds
Cars with converters are prone to set this code.Have you had a stall converter put in lately? If you have,I'd have the code toggled of with LS1 Edit.If you have'nt.have the car scanned and make sure the "desired shift time" looks ok.For a 98-00 car should be less than .5 seconds,for a 01-02 they're a little higher,up 1 second with stock programming.Cars with shift kits will show a lower time on the scanner also.Prolly in the .2-3 for 98-00,.4-6 01-02.If the shift times look ok on the scanner,go ahead and replace both shift solenoids.They are inexpensive & easy to replace.Not to talk up any bad luck,but you're prolly going to have to visit your tranny guy again.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

the guy that put the tranny in took out the orphis out to make the converter lock up faster... and now after i got it tuned it locks up then locks, the stays locked for a second, the locks out again...

when we got the tranny put in, we also got a shift kit put in...

any other advice?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Does it on the 3-4 shift in OD?....there is paramenter in LS1 Edit that that will allow the converter to lock or stay unlocked during shifts...have that checked
the orfice you are talking about is the check ball calsule for the converter clutch,and its removal would not cause your problem
Old 03-11-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

i noticed it does it mostly when i am going between about 40-50... depending on how fast i am punching it

so do i need to ask the tranny shop who installed it...
Old 03-11-2004, 03:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS GIRL
and now after i got it tuned

You've had your computer tuned with LS1 Edit ...right?
Get with your tuner on what I mentioned above about the lock/unlocck during shifts.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IMKMFAST
You've had your computer tuned with LS1 Edit ...right?
Get with your tuner on what I mentioned above about the lock/unlocck during shifts.

MTI did our tuning.... in fact, it just started doing it the day we got our retuning done... maybe we should call them before we call the transmission place...

thanks for your help!

Search this Thread