Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Operating system conversion issue HPT

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Operating system conversion issue HPT

a while back i applied the "2 BAR MAP - speed density" operating system in HPTuners for my boosted camaro. It changed my suite key and ID when i did this.
Now since the car is back to NA and i have a MAF i am trying to apply the stock 1 BAR MAF operating system to the car but i do not have a stock or NA file to apply back to the PCM. I do not know how to get it back to the stock operating system at all.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why did you not save you original file before flashing in the COS? That should ALWAYS!!!! be the first thing you do.

Now, go to the tune repository.....http://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune.php

Find a stock file that fits your car (year, make, model, engine, trans) download that file. Save it. Open it in your editor, and copy and paste your ORIGINAL VIN number into it (under EDIT/CALIBRATION DETAILS). Save that file under a new file name, and then do a write entire to your PCM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

I am about to do this to my vehicle. I will let you know how it comes out.
Thank you very much for your response!!
I had no clue what i was going to do
Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Why did you not save you original file before flashing in the COS? That should ALWAYS!!!! be the first thing you do.

Now, go to the tune repository.....http://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune.php

Find a stock file that fits your car (year, make, model, engine, trans) download that file. Save it. Open it in your editor, and copy and paste your ORIGINAL VIN number into it (under EDIT/CALIBRATION DETAILS). Save that file under a new file name, and then do a write entire to your PCM.
I tried exactly what you said to do. After i save the file I open it in Editor and when i open the "Calibration Details" it grays out the VIN box inhibiting me from entering in my VIN.
i dont know how to enable that box for me to enter my VIN to change it.

It might be something really simple that i am missing. I made sure HPT scanner wasnt connected so it wouldnt allow HPT editor to connect.

When i open the saved file, the first thing to come up is the "unlicensed file" prompt asking to "show license options" or "no thanks".

It also had the "Flash" and "File" drop downs grayed out also inhibiting me from getting access to them.
Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Email both tunes to me. Name one tune 'A' and one tune 'B. Tell me which one has your correct VIN, and which tune it needs to be copied into. My email address is edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 AM
11 Second Club

E-mail sent...
Thank you very much for you help! greatly appreciated!