PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a cam from cmotorsports.com, they tuned for it for only $150!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a cam from cmotorsports.com, they tuned for it for only $150!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. I bought a cam a few months ago from www.cmotorsports.com and I couldn't get the part throttle stuff right. I'm pretty good with edit and have helped many people get their mild setups working great. But this time it just seemed like I could not get it right. I swallowed my pride and called them with my tail between my legs because the mentioned that Seth there was a tuning guru and would save me a lot of small annoying issues with the new cam. Well, after tuning for a month the car still had these ANNOYING little quirks that were just out of my league. So I called them up (truly embarrased because I had spoke with Seth about a month ago, he told me what a pain it can be to tune this cam. It's actually pretty funny, because he told me that "this and that will be easy, but there are going to be some things that are just plain annoying"....well he was dead on. Hot starts, quick back offs of the throttle, KR at tip in, strange wideband A/F readings in certain areas, etc.

You know, after 5 years of LS1 and LT1 tuning, it's actually amazing how quick you are humbled by the real guru's. Many, many thanks to Seth and the other guys over there, I just can't thank you enough for making me realize that to know a lot, you need to realize you don't really know anything.