Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning stuff off via HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turning stuff off via HP Tuners

I have had HP Tuners for a couple weeks now. I haven't tuned my car yet or anything because it is not at that stage of it's build yet. But I have been practicing with the VE tables and timing maps and stuff just to get used to them.

I have bought three books on tuning. So far the best one for HP Tuners is the EFI Master Tuner book. It shows step by step on how to tune with HP Tuners and EFI Live specifically.

My question that I couldn't find though... Where do I go in HP Tuners to turn off things like the rear O2 sensors, A/C or Evap canister stuff or any of the other crap that people don't need when they just do a Gen III engine swap into a different vehicle.

I found a section for all the check engine codes in "Engine Diagnostics", but I don't know if that is where I go to turn that stuff off or not.

Any pointers?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Engine diagnostics is where you go to disable the codes for things mentioned in your post. If you're not using the pro, you can use the a/c press. pid or egr position to log your wideband. I know you didn't ask, but I thought I'd throw it out. I had to enable the egr in mine(because it didn't come with one) and I use the egr pos pid for my wideband.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rnl35thss
Engine diagnostics is where you go to disable the codes for things mentioned in your post. If you're not using the pro, you can use the a/c press. pid or egr position to log your wideband. I know you didn't ask, but I thought I'd throw it out. I had to enable the egr in mine(because it didn't come with one) and I use the egr pos pid for my wideband.
Cool, thank you very much. I am using the Pro version.

Is it under the "DTC's" tab, Then where it says "SES enable"?

There is a huge list of stuff. Some of them have checks in the boxes and some don't. I wasn't sure if the checks meant that it was the code that the ECU was throwing. But I guess that doesn't really make sense. Because, when I scanned the PCM, I hadn't even started the engine yet.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense that if I want to ENABLE that option, I check the box. I think it was just throwing me off, because it has each code number next to it, as if it were throwing that code. Example P0101 = MAF

Again, thank you for the help
Old 12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

In addition to shutting the "SES" off, you will have to go thru the DTC list and shut off those you don't want reported.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
In addition to shutting the "SES" off, you will have to go thru the DTC list and shut off those you don't want reported.
Gotcha, that way it is not throwing a bazillion codes when I scan it...

Quick Reply: Turning stuff off via HP Tuners