PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how hard is it to tune with HP tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default how hard is it to tune with HP tuning...

ill admit it, i know ZERO about tuning my LS1 but im interested in this software. does it come with a step by step instruction packet explaining how to raise the idle or adjust A/F mixture..etc???

i was planning on getting the T/A dyno tuned this thursday but im rethinking it and considering buying HP tuning.

my buddy has LS1 edit and is excellent with it, is HP tuning similar to LS1 edit?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have never tuned a vehicle before, with your buddies help you should have no problems.

We do provide you with a manual that will continue to grow over time as well.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

I am kinda in the same boat. I figure everyone has to start somewhere. Im going to buy HPTuners and start slow and make tiny adjustments until I get better with it. I say try tuning it yourself. You can also make some of the money back by tuning other 99 cars.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Got a question about this...I already have purchased LS1-Edit. Is the HP Tuners interface more "user-friendly"? Someone was telling me that you can, for example, log a pass, graph an AF ratio curve, and then drag points on the curve to tune it without monkeying with tables and such. Is there truth to this? Or am I better off just sticking with LS1-Edit for the time being and learning the tables?

Thanks