Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ASR problem

OK so I just bought my 99 z28 a few months back and i've noticed that if i press the asr button nothing happens, no lights come on to let me know the system is off. I've done one burnout which it did great in first but as soon as i shifted to second it completely stopped spinning. Just before i did the burnout i pushed the button thinking maybe i just have a blown indicator light for the system being off. Something to note is that the service vehicle soon/abs/and brake lights are on. I was wondering that if because those lights are on will that automatically shut off the traction control system?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you push the button to turn it off an ASR OFF light comes up on the dash. As far as i understand ASR is a function of the PCM. I pulls timing to stop your fun. I would get the car scanned to find out what the problem is with your ABS. It might have something to do with that. When my ABS INOP light turns on it also turns off my ASR.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take the car to someone that has a tech2 or scan tool that can read the codes being thrown for the abs. Then it should tell you why it isnt working. Probably just a bad wheel sensor.