Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES code p0135...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES code p0135...

I have read through TONS of the posts about throwing this code and thought I would ask for myself and see if I can get a group of comments where I can ask questions back at you guys personally. I have thrown the P0135 code after clearing it now three times (the car is not my daily so I have only ran about a tank of gas through it in the last month since this has started).

The set up is on a 01 z28 with long tubes (ceramic) and an off-road y-pipe. I obviously have O2 sims on the rear O2 sensors and have the provided O2 pigtail extensions on the fronts. The car is running sluggish (extremely rich; pulled out the O2 sensors and completely black from carbon) but not rough. I had a 00 SS with the same mods and NEVER had this issue. I am ordering a few other bolt-ons before doing a dyno tune.

Now to the question. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do minus the tune for the time being until my other stuff shows up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

any helpful hints guys?
Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I cleared the code and disconnected the battery and the light came back after about a 20-30 mile ride. Is this an issue I'm going to have to do a tune to get corrected? Like I said, I had a 2000 SS with the same set up without a tune, minus not having the intake, MAF sensor, and smooth bellows or a cam in this car yet, and never threw a code. Is there a difference in the stock programming on the 01/02's PCM?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 AM

i really dont think this would be a tune issue. The first thing i would do is check your MAF sensor and see if its fully functional, try cleaning it. Thats the only thing i can think of to make it run rough and rich. do not use any contact cleaner, use rubbing alcohol and see if this corrects your issue

Quick Reply: SES code p0135...