PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using HP Tuners Without Application Key or Account Info?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using HP Tuners Without Application Key or Account Info?

Just purchase an older serial version of HP Tuners from a member here. Seller doesn't have the Application Key or Sign In info for HP Tuners Website. What options do I have? I know they now longer support these older serial units. Figured I would post here before emailing HP tuners for support.Thanks in advance, Jason
Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is no app key for serial cables. Whatever licenses you have are stored in the software. Every serial cable had unique software for that cable. Software for the MPVI USB cable won't work with the serial cable. The seller should have provided you with the software for that cable. You might be able to log in to his account and get the latest 2.2 version of the software for that cable. Is the label with the serial # still on the cable?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Seller is emailing HP Tuners to try to get answers. I read that info was on the software also.Dont think he has used this in a while and didn't know about them not supporting serial version anymore.I do not have his user name or account info either so I can't download software version from site. There is a Serial Number A3541 on the black box, but that is all I have.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Try using 00000A3541 for the log in and the password should be whatever email address he gave them when he purchased it.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Ok, I was able to log in under that username and the email he sent me.I went to download the newest version and noticed it says you have to use the software that came with the serial due to the licenses being stored on that software.Thanks for the help,not sure where to go from here. I guess wait for a reply from HP Tuners?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

They should have only the software for that cable on THAT customer page. Should be V2.22. There is no Beta 2.23 for serial cables. Have you tried downloading it and installing it?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Ok, I downloaded that version2.22, but was dealing with the windows 7 issues.When I saw the fix for .NET Framework 2. I noticed a warning that the serial versions need to use the original software because licenses are stored on this.Should I continue to to use fix and try to use this version? Sorry new to HP Tuners and am learning as I go.Hope my reply makes sense.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can't help you on that. I run my serial cable software on Win XP. I have both serial cable and USB MPVI cable and run them both on Win XP on different laptops. If you are using Win 7 I'm going to guess your laptop doesn't have an actual serial port. If so then you may have issues with a usb to serial adapter too.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the help.I found the drivers for the usb adapter and got that working.Then when I went to install the 2.22 version I was getting the need .NET Framework 2.0 installed and found a fix for that,but on same page it also says if using serial version to use original software due to licenses being stored on it.Once again I am new to HP tuners,and am learning as I go.Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

What you downloaded should be the original software, albeit the latest version, for that serial cable. Once you get it installed, click on Help>License Info and it will tell you what model year licenses are on it.

Quick Reply: Using HP Tuners Without Application Key or Account Info?