Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing VIN to match current swapped vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Changing VIN to match current swapped vehicle

Ok, I have not found a solid answer to this question. Is it possible to input the vehicle VIN in hptuner to match the current vehicle without running into issues. Specifically, we HOPE to run a gm processor with HPtuner on another vehicle that was not originally equipped with that processor or motor. The customer would like to be able to have the VIN match when he plugs it into whatever computer. Is this possible without issues. From what I have found, we will have to use EFIlive to be able to do this. I would prefer to just use HPtuner if at all possible.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2....

Originally Posted by Sarg
Ok, I have not found a solid answer to this question. Is it possible to input the vehicle VIN in hptuner to match the current vehicle without running into issues. Specifically, we HOPE to run a gm processor with HPtuner on another vehicle that was not originally equipped with that processor or motor. The customer would like to be able to have the VIN match when he plugs it into whatever computer. Is this possible without issues. From what I have found, we will have to use EFIlive to be able to do this. I would prefer to just use HPtuner if at all possible.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can put in any VIN you want, and still make it so you can use HPtuners, and get around the VIN/OS mismatch. PM or email for more details. Email is edcmat-l1@msn.com.
The following users liked this post:
LsTJ (12-08-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this something I could do with an mpvi2 pro

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I can put in any VIN you want, and still make it so you can use HPtuners, and get around the VIN/OS mismatch. PM or email for more details. Email is edcmat-l1@msn.com.
I know this is an old thread. Just not finding an answer elsewhere
I have an ls 408 in my jeep and want to make the vin info in the gm pcm match my jeeps vin. Can that be done?

Last edited by LsTJ; 12-08-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Old threas
Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LsTJ
I know this is an old thread. Just not finding an answer elsewhere
I have an ls 408 in my jeep and want to make the vin info in the gm pcm match my jeeps vin. Can that be done?

We can do it, we do several a week.

Quick Reply: Changing VIN to match current swapped vehicle