Sponsored by:

Injector help, 400RWHP Bolt-on LS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Injector help, 400RWHP Bolt-on LS6

Hello All,

I am thinking of doing some bolt-on modifications to a 2003 Z06 and have some questions about injector duity cycle. The target is 400RWHP with a very conservative tune.

What injector would be reccomended for a safe setup? Are the stock units up to the task?

Please keep in mind that I want this to be conservative, the car is babied but I want it to be built so that I could take it to a roadcourse and have no problems. I want stock reliability out of a 400RWHP setup, or I will just leave it stock. Its a better car than I am a driver anyway.

Thanks,
-Nick
Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by niphilli
Hello All,

I am thinking of doing some bolt-on modifications to a 2003 Z06 and have some questions about injector duity cycle. The target is 400RWHP with a very conservative tune.

What injector would be reccomended for a safe setup? Are the stock units up to the task?

Please keep in mind that I want this to be conservative, the car is babied but I want it to be built so that I could take it to a roadcourse and have no problems. I want stock reliability out of a 400RWHP setup, or I will just leave it stock. Its a better car than I am a driver anyway.

Thanks,
-Nick
stock injectors will be fine...
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock or if you are worried, get a set of GTP white 36lb ones. The tables are available for them.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
Stock or if you are worried, get a set of GTP white 36lb ones. The tables are available for them.
Thanks Wait4Me~ I was concerned that 400whp was on the limit of the duity cycle for our stock injectors and would not want to risk that in a roadcourse environment. How difficult is it to tune in the new injectors? Nothing scares me more than some hack screwing up the tune in the car just so I could get 50 more horsepower out a car that is already very capable.

I have played the tuning game with a respected vendor (previous car) before and was not pleased with the outcome at all.

Thanks!
-Nick
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by niphilli
Thanks Wait4Me~ I was concerned that 400whp was on the limit of the duity cycle for our stock injectors and would not want to risk that in a roadcourse environment. How difficult is it to tune in the new injectors? Nothing scares me more than some hack screwing up the tune in the car just so I could get 50 more horsepower out a car that is already very capable.

I have played the tuning game with a respected vendor (previous car) before and was not pleased with the outcome at all.

Thanks!
-Nick
the data is all available for that injector, load the data, data log the fuel trims, they should real close, edit from there if need be...
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cam only 99 ls1 with 03 vette injectors and I make roughly 400rwhp with them. They usually run around 88% at wot.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks All!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ford red tops are what i run in my car. i do need to check duty cycle but they are a 36lb injector on gm fuel pressure