Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Wiring Harness, PCM, Open Tune...and EFI Live

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Wiring Harness, PCM, Open Tune...and EFI Live

I am not sure I posted this in the correct section. If it needs to be moved that is fine.

I am using the factory wiring harness that was drive by wire and we are modifying it to cable throttle. I have that part covered and understand what needs to be done. I am also going to be using EFI live to tune the factory PCM to run on E85. I have all that covered. I was told to run an open loop tune and it made sense to me. I will street drive this and race but not cross country driving etc... First I want to make sure that I understand this correctly. So please enlighten me if I don't. You have to keep it in simple terms because I am very new to this. With the Open Loop tune I would have an O2 bung in my down pipes but they would be plugged. Is that correct. I would then tune the car to run what I say, I would not let the computer make adjustments. Is this correct. I would then use a stand alone LM1 etc... and plug into the 02 bung to check my AFR's etc. Is that correct. I assume I am correct about this stuff.

Here is what I don't know what to do with the factory wiring harness. Do I just remove ALL the 02 sensor stuff, wires, etc...? Or do I leave them and plugged in but program the computer differently?

We are working on the harness now and plan to remove all the 02 sensor wires completely but just wanted to make sure first that was the correct procedure.

Sorry for the long post but I do greatly appreciate any help
Old 01-07-2012, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to remove the O2 sensors to run open loop. You just change B4205 to a temp you will not reach & you will not go open loop.