PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Wiring Harness...Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Wiring Harness...Need some help!

We are using the factory wiring harness that was on a 2003 suburban 5.3. This is the same harness that came with my engine. It was a drive by wire that I was converting to cable throttle. I followed all the procedures to eliminate any wires or sensors I didn't need....or so I thought. The engine of course had the truck intake, EGR, emmissions, etc.. I am running the same engine but the intake is a Vic Jr with the tall elbow. I am not required to pass any emmissions. When we laid out the harness I still had some extra sensor pigtails. Do I just eliminate any wires that are NOT plugged in? Or do some of them need to be left?

Can someone double check me to make sure that I am not missing something? Here are the sensors that I thought I need to have connected
-TPS
-IAC
-Coil Paks (both sides)
-Crank Sensor (this is the one right above the starter....correct?)
-Cam positioning sensor (This is on the back of the block near where a distributor goes on a traditional small block.....correct?)
-Alternator
-Water temp

The Knock sensor under the intake I assume I just leave it but don't plug a sensor into it, therefore do I just remove it from the harness?

For some reason there is not a sensor at the front of the engine and I have an different aftermarket oil pan. So I figured I don't need that sensor and should remove it. Are there any sensors that I may be missing before I remove these pig tail connectors that I don't know where they go?

Also, this engine had a MAF sensor and I added a 2.5 bar MAP sensor. I also added a IAT sensor. Do I just take the MAF sensor and cut off the pig tail and then split those wires to my MAP and my IAT sensors with the appropriate connector?

Sorry for the long post. I was hoping to fire this up today, I wasn't expecting to have these extra connectors on there when I laid it out.

I will be running an OPEN LOOP tune and a professional will tune it. I am using the factory 4011 pcm and will eventually tune with my EFI live V1 that I ordered.

Thanks again if anyone can help.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Hook up the knock sensors.....
Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is already a MAP sensor plug. If you are not using a MAF then take the 2 IAT wires and put the plug on for it and the other 3 can be pulled out. I hope you have injector plugs too!!