PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible PCM issue? Updated with New issue and Link!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible PCM issue? Updated with New issue and Link!!

Car: 2000 Camaro SS
4 days ago after getting gas and letting the car sit for the time i was in the gym (1-1 1/2hrs) i proceeded home when i didnt even got a block and the car started to buck and felt like i had no gas. I got out and fiddled with the gas cap which felt loose and everything was fine. Flash to yesterday, trip to gym no problems, come back out start the car and was having a conversation when the tone of my ca changed and i could hear it running terrible. Exhaust not was choppy and sounded like it was backfireing, also felt as if air was being sucked into the tailpipes and not firing out of them, then the check engine light started to flash. Played with the gas cap a little bit and was able to get home but the car wasnt running right. ANY SUGGESTION!!

Key Points- about 2 months ago I installed LT headers, removed my cats (ORY) and removed all my emissions (AIR,EGR). I have not gotten my PCM retuned for that so my check enhine light has been on anyway. once this happened i immediatly thought of my computer and ordered a tune from PCMforless calibrated for my upgrades. Please Help! My poor baby!

Last edited by 94Z28BLK; 02-23-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: missing information
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be something as simple as the fuel pump starting to go out. Need to put a fuel pressure gauge and scanner on it.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Start with the basics fuel pressure/volume spark and air scan the pcm for dtc's and go from there. Don't throw parts at it or youll wind up wasting a bunch of money.

My gut instinct from the symptoms you describe says the fuel pump is dying or dead at this point.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i did throw parts at it haha. I bought some new 02s with the right extensions so its nice and clean under there. I also picked up a tune from PCMforless. here is my new issue>>>> https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...ss-tuning.html