Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 Segment Tune Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 Segment Tune Swap

hey guys I was originally going to do a stall in my car but I recently got a good deal on pretty much everything I need to do an m6 swap so I'm gonna go ahead and go with it. Question is the car has a custom dyno tune and after talking with Bill at hptuners he says doing the segment swap could affect the tune. He is very busy so I dont want to keep bugging him with my newb questions but what could affect the tune?

I have hptuners and could either do the segment swap myself or simply send him the tune and he will do it for me. I know that the idle, vss, and throttle cracker settings will all change and thats fine but is there anything in there that will affect the actual tuning like fuel and timing in the engine? Its just a bolt on car.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01MAROONz2890
hey guys I was originally going to do a stall in my car but I recently got a good deal on pretty much everything I need to do an m6 swap so I'm gonna go ahead and go with it. Question is the car has a custom dyno tune and after talking with Bill at hptuners he says doing the segment swap could affect the tune. He is very busy so I dont want to keep bugging him with my newb questions but what could affect the tune?

I have hptuners and could either do the segment swap myself or simply send him the tune and he will do it for me. I know that the idle, vss, and throttle cracker settings will all change and thats fine but is there anything in there that will affect the actual tuning like fuel and timing in the engine? Its just a bolt on car.

Thanks
We can help youj out with that
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the offer man, what would alll charge. I dont want to sound like a dick but I could have the guys who dyno tuned my car do the segment swap for 100 bucks. I'm just wondering how it would affect the dyno tune because I've had tuners tell me it wont really do anything and then hptuners support it will change some things and I'd just like to know what it affects. or if someone could show me how id do it yself
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

You can do a segment swap a couple of ways. I have found that one way works better than the other. The way I do the swap you won't have to go over the complete tune.
Send me an email and I can explain it in more detail. caleditor@pcmcalibrators.com
We will work with you on this