PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to turn off AC Clutch relay and pressure circuit???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to turn off AC Clutch relay and pressure circuit???

I have a 2008 LH6 from a Silverado with an E38 ECU installed in my 66 Chevelle. It runs great but I am having fan and MIL issues. Took it to a GM Tech and he tried to do the Crank Relearn with his TECH II scanner. He was unable to go in relearn mode do to the ECU throwing P0645 and P0532 codes. He said I need to turn the air conditioning off since my car does not have air. He also suggested that with the right resistor I might be able to trick the ECU into thinking the Air is just turned off but working fine. While the car is running great, the cooling fan is on all the time, which is the my main issue. Question is how to I turn off the air conditioning, or is there really a work around so that if I decide to put air in this summer I don't have to pay for another tune? Can the Air be turned off with the TECH II scanner? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

Mike
Old 02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Most scanners won't alter the MIL and DTC settings. Use of EFILIVE will work.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you going to put air conditioning into your chevelle. On my swaps I like using the stock pcm to control all of the HVAC stuff so it works like factory. Otherwise just have your tuner program out the codes in the tune.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Are you going to put air conditioning into your chevelle. On my swaps I like using the stock pcm to control all of the HVAC stuff so it works like factory. Otherwise just have your tuner program out the codes in the tune.
I may install Air in a year or so. Planning to replace the trunk pans and fresh paint next year. To fix the short term problem it sounds like I need to find a local tuner to turn off reporting of the AC error codes? Had been told that the AC can be turned off with a TECH II scanner, but I would need to know how as the local techs don't seem to want to mess with it without specific instructions....Suppose I can just turn the codes back on when I install AC?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Tech 2 cannot turn off any codes. must have tuning software like hp tuners etc to access and modify any pcm related tables codes etc
Old 02-04-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea the tech 2 can control the a/c clutch relay with bidirectional controls but it does not allow you to turn anything off permanetly. It will turn it off but as soon unplug the scan tool the a/c will turn on accordingly get hp go in to a/c table and set the a/c equipped parameter to off or could be something else it has been a couple of years so i will have to check hope this helps sound like an awesome build good luck and a tuner will charge you around 150 bucks just to turn off the a/c most likely he will not have the tuning credits for that vehicle

Quick Reply: How to turn off AC Clutch relay and pressure circuit???