PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can ls1 edit or other be reversed?

Old 03-20-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can ls1 edit or other be reversed?

a couple of weeks back i had some work done to my car and a before and after pull.
after that i noticed my trans when shifting wasnt getting nice clean shifts like chirping the tires going into second. i was throwing a 02 code and took it to the dealer. 3 times later the same code keeps popping and nothing is wrong with the 02s or anything cas its been checked over and over.
after talking with the guy whos been working on my car he explained to me that because whatever was downloaded is setting off the code.
it gonna keep going off until the setting or whatever are deleted.
he said the easy way to go about it is to go to whoever changed things up.
now the question is can whatever be totally deleted and no traces of it left?
i never wanted anything changed in the first place and just want trans back to the way it was
thanks for the replies in advance.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:09 PM
wrencher

You can reflash the PCM,the dealer can do this.
But why not get the tuned program modified, if that is the problem?
What code is it setting?
It is not common to hear of a deleted code turing the light on???
It prolly is another problem there that is turning the light on IMO.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrencher
You can reflash the PCM,the dealer can do this.
But why not get the tuned program modified, if that is the problem?
What code is it setting?
It is not common to hear of a deleted code turing the light on???
It prolly is another problem there that is turning the light on IMO.
the code is the 02 sim. nothing is wrong cas they have been checked and the dealer wont touch it because of the changes.
im also thinking the ****** blackballed me on the puter for warranty.
i guess im kinda pissed i wasnt asked if i wanted my settings changed.
it was just done.
what im gonna do is go back to the place that did the work and ask them to reset to stock.
i just dont want any traces of the settings changed just in case of future work at the dealer. thats if they havent blacklisted me already.
thank you for the reply, which side of the city you live on??
im northwest in norwood/edison park
Old 03-22-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

anubody else have some wisdom to pass on?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

FWIW, don't take what the dealer says as biblical. Usually they know much less about what is causing the problem than you think.
Never tell them you have had the car tuned either (probably too late for you.....) No matter what the problem is with your car they will blame it on the tune.

You - "I happened to hit a tree on my way down here. And now my car won't start Think you could take a look at it"
Them - "Have you had any computer work done to the car?"
You - "........."
Them - "It's defianantly your computer tune. According to the manual, striking a tree will not damage your car. Its defiantly the tune. Seen it ah 100 times"

What O2 sensor code is your car throwing? The only "O2" codes that could be related to the tune (if you still have all 4 O2 sensors) are Bank 1 Lean and Bank 2 Lean. If it is something other than this code, then it is 99% not the tune.

Good Luck
Old 03-23-2004, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoGo
FWIW, don't take what the dealer says as biblical. Usually they know much less about what is causing the problem than you think.
Never tell them you have had the car tuned either (probably too late for you.....) No matter what the problem is with your car they will blame it on the tune.

You - "I happened to hit a tree on my way down here. And now my car won't start Think you could take a look at it"
Them - "Have you had any computer work done to the car?"
You - "........."
Them - "It's defianantly your computer tune. According to the manual, striking a tree will not damage your car. Its defiantly the tune. Seen it ah 100 times"

What O2 sensor code is your car throwing? The only "O2" codes that could be related to the tune (if you still have all 4 O2 sensors) are Bank 1 Lean and Bank 2 Lean. If it is something other than this code, then it is 99% not the tune.

Good Luck
the dealership found out on there own, i didnt say anything.
ya the tech said something bank or l trim.
im not taking what they say as the final word also. as you said they are dumbasses. every since i got the car dynoed its been acting up. i didnt even request a tune. the car has just minor bolt ons.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

If he mentioned LTrim, then it is either your tune, an O2 sensor went bad, you have a vacuum leak or an exhaust leak.

Was the tune and the mods done at the same time??
Old 03-23-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoGo
If he mentioned LTrim, then it is either your tune, an O2 sensor went bad, you have a vacuum leak or an exhaust leak.

Was the tune and the mods done at the same time??
the 02 has been checked 3 times.
i had 1.85 rocker arms installed. it was just supposed to be a before and after pull. i didnt even know they changed things up at first.
right after all was done my trans was shifting funky and still is. they must of changed my shift points and thats whats pissing me off. it went from chirping going into second to hesitating while shifting into second. thats whats really pissing me off. anyway ill be going there soon. i just gotta call a day ahead of time as long as theres no rain so they could check things out and fix it up.
if they just would of left things alone.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 4mula
anubody else have some wisdom to pass on?

I work in a private shop, we have a GM flash tool that can reset your computer back to the factory settings, it also has updates out that sometimes improve performance and gas mileage. i'd have to check but i'm pretty sure it can be done with the computer otuside of the car. If possible i will see how much my manager will want for us to reflash your computer. i don't imagine it will be much, definately way less than a dealership. however even after it is reflashed the dealer can still see what was done to the car and void the warranty. if you want pm me and we can work something out

Search this Thread