Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley efi tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holley efi tuning

I have a holley efi hp computer running a ls1 with ported heads, predator cam, and fast 90/90 setup and 36 lb injectors at 43.5 psi (which i think are 48.8 at 58 psi). Timing at idle was 25 degrees and 39 at wot. I had the car running with pump gas great during wot and crusing. I could not get it to stop surging at idle and believe that it was a vacuum leak and possibly fixed it. While it was down i switched to e85 and it crank up fine, surged a bit then evens out and idles at 1050 rpm. Once i rev it hangs the idle at 2100 rpm and the air/fuel sticks around 8.5? Anyone with experience with this system would be a great help im new to tuning efi and decided to learn the hard way and jump in.

Also i dont really know where the throttle blade should be set at, at idle. Should i use a feeler gauge and set it to something? thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two of these systems.

I would suggest starting over with a tune. Sounds like you have some IAC stuff moved around.
Did you add to the fuel map with you switched to E85?

I started with the tunes included and had to do very little with them. I added timing at idle on both and made some small crank fuel changes for better starting. The closed loop built the rest of the fuel map.

Switching to E85 is not just a swap a new map needs to be built.

Tim
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless it added it in learn mode i did not myself.

i used the stock ls1 base map holley has and tune for a start on pump gas and have just tweeked it so far. and tried to "smooth" the fuel graph from what the tech told me to do all i changed was the pull down tab and switched it to e85 and it cranked right up. It went into learn mode and i was hoping it would add fuel for me from there. maybe driving around would help? I dont have any idea where the fuel lbs per hour on the graph should be for me. from what i heard i need to add 27 percent more fuel across the board for e85

Quick Reply: holley efi tuning