Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1
Default holley efi tuning

I have a holley efi hp computer running a ls1 with ported heads, predator cam, and fast 90/90 setup and 36 lb injectors at 43.5 psi (which i think are 48.8 at 58 psi). Timing at idle was 25 degrees and 39 at wot. I had the car running with pump gas great during wot and crusing. I could not get it to stop surging at idle and believe that it was a vacuum leak and possibly fixed it. While it was down i switched to e85 and it crank up fine, surged a bit then evens out and idles at 1050 rpm. Once i rev it hangs the idle at 2100 rpm and the air/fuel sticks around 8.5? Anyone with experience with this system would be a great help im new to tuning efi and decided to learn the hard way and jump in.

Also i dont really know where the throttle blade should be set at, at idle. Should i use a feeler gauge and set it to something? thanks
labelblack68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 62

I have two of these systems.

I would suggest starting over with a tune. Sounds like you have some IAC stuff moved around.
Did you add to the fuel map with you switched to E85?

I started with the tunes included and had to do very little with them. I added timing at idle on both and made some small crank fuel changes for better starting. The closed loop built the rest of the fuel map.

Switching to E85 is not just a swap a new map needs to be built.

Tim
Street car pump gas.
9.24 143.58 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21
13 Hot Rod Drag Week SS-BB-NA Winner
Gray86hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

unless it added it in learn mode i did not myself.

i used the stock ls1 base map holley has and tune for a start on pump gas and have just tweeked it so far. and tried to "smooth" the fuel graph from what the tech told me to do all i changed was the pull down tab and switched it to e85 and it cranked right up. It went into learn mode and i was hoping it would add fuel for me from there. maybe driving around would help? I dont have any idea where the fuel lbs per hour on the graph should be for me. from what i heard i need to add 27 percent more fuel across the board for e85
labelblack68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2100, adjust, efi, fast, holley, hp, idle, labelblack68, ls1, ls1tech, rpm, surging, system, tuner, tuning