Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAf code

Last night my friend and I went ahead and performed the cheap radio shack version of the skip shift eliminator. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the light being on today due to the fact that all that night the light did not come on and it didnt until the second time I drove my car today. All the way to school this mourning it was fine. When I started it before work it immediately died. However it started up immediately and did not die upon retry. The retry however left the service engine soon light illuminated. Has anyone else encountered this? Or know why/what caused it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kckid; 03-24-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had my car scanned today after the problems in the first post. It threw a p102 code. I tried switching maf sensors with my friends ws6 and the code and problems in driving consisted. I changed from a K&N filter to a paper filter and cleaned out the maf. The car still misses throughout the rpm range in 2nd and 3rd gear. I'm completely stumped on this and would really appreicate any help you can offer.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

MAF low frequency: Its hard to check everything without a scan tool, but is a short list of possible problems

ENG SEN fuse open?
wiring problem between maf and pcm-checked 5 volt reference, check signal and low reference for opens, shorts, etcs. make sure all connections look good, pin on pcm, maf and the plugs that plug into them.
maf problem(looks like you already tested this)did you reset the light after trying friends maf??
pcm problem

Its hard to try and diagnose a problem with out even seeing the vehicle or with out the proper equipment, but this just gives you a general idea of what to check for.

Good luck,
Clint
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We are waiting for my friends room mate to replace his volt meter (his current one is fried) and after I do get a volt run I'll be sure to post results. Unfortunately now my friend's ws6 is throwing the same code as mine. Our collective fear is that my car managed to fry his MAF as well . I'm thinking it is either a pcm problem or a bad wire somewhere. Either way im pretty well stumped as to what to do now other than wait on a new volt meter.