Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need EFI LIve in MD area or reasonable distance

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need EFI LIve in MD area or reasonable distance

I had this in the regional forum, but thought there might be more people who could help here who might on wander over there.

I need to change the VIN in my PCM.

Long story short is I have an LS6 swap in an '01 Miata and it's failing emissions because their machine couldn't communicate with my car. They required I take it to a certified repair facility. The certified repair facility called some VEIP people after I explained that it's a GM PCM from a Pontiac GTO and they said that the testing station needs to key in the cars VIN.

I do not even know if this will allow communication if I get the correct VIN, as I know that GM and Mazda use different OBDII protocols and port wiring. But I'm hoping it will. A generic OBDII reader reads both easily.

If it doesn't, I apply for a non-compliant 1 year waiver to return car back to stock or I'm screwed and will part it or sell it. If I can match VINs and prove it to the repair facility, hopefully I can apply for the 2 year, $450 repair waiver.

Anyone hook a brother up? I have HPTuners but that's of no use right now. It should be easily done with EFI Live flash scan without using any credits but I'm willing to pay to get it done.

Quick Reply: Need EFI LIve in MD area or reasonable distance