Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to HP tuners, have screen shots of histograms need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default new to HP tuners, have screen shots of histograms need advice

I'm new to tuning, and have purchased HPtuners pro. I installed a LC1 wideband today, went through the calibration procedure, and did some data logging. Attached are screen shots of histograms that I logged today. I have not changed the factory tune for advance, fuel, or oxygen sensors in any way, and the mods I have on the car are a lid, smooth bellows, tr55 plugs, msd wires, k&n filter, LS7 clutch, ARH 1 7/8" primary headers, ORY, and a slp dual dual catback.

To me it appears to be running really rich.

From what I have read, what I need to do first is adjust the long term fuel trims in Editor so that they are within +/- 5. I have also read that I need to copy the high octane timing table and paste it into the low octane timing table. I always run 93, so I don't think that will be a problem. Is this correct or do I need to do something else?

general overview shot

narrow band o2's

short term fuel trims

long term fuel trims

knock retard

main advance

wideband o2
Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your running 8-18% LEAN. Disable LTFTs and STFTs, clear the trims, and put the car in open loop, and do your tuning using just the WB.

To tune the VE table you need to fail the MAF(un plug it) and to tune the MAF lower the dynamic airflow disable to 0 RPMs.

I'd recommend spending some quality time on the HP Tuners forum before doing anything.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torq3r
Your running 8-18% LEAN. Disable LTFTs and STFTs, clear the trims, and put the car in open loop, and do your tuning using just the WB.

To tune the VE table you need to fail the MAF(un plug it) and to tune the MAF lower the dynamic airflow disable to 0 RPMs.

I'd recommend spending some quality time on the HP Tuners forum before doing anything.
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck!

Quick Reply: new to HP tuners, have screen shots of histograms need advice