Sponsored by:

Need clarification: Tung Base

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need clarification: Tung Base

LTFT:

I am having a bitch of a time tuning for part throttle(base).

When I watch my LTFT's for part throttle do I need to keep the RPM as steady as possible while watching them? Does it matter what gear I am in(A4)? It seems like the LTFT's are all over the place when I drive.

When I watch them for idle does that mean in Park or Neutral?

Lower CR:

I have a turbo on the car and the engines compression has been reduced. Do I need to mess with any particular tables(besides IFR) in Edit in order to get my engine to idle/perform better? BTW I am not tuning for PE yet...just mostly concerned about idle/part throttle right now...

Fuel Pump

After messing with the IFR tables I got the tuning to be decent, but then I did a Walbro 255 in-tank and ever since, I am running pretty rich. I thought the FPR would just dump more fuel into the return line but I guess not. And when I try to lean it out, even just scaling the table slightly seems to make the car beg for gas.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well for the fuel trims i would put it in D not over drive and ride around at about 2500 rpm or 2000 rpm for a consistent time. i have a 6 speed and just wnet 70 in 5th for about 10 miles on the highway, u could prob do that in 4th cause i bet its about the same rpm. had the same problem on my friends auto, hard to get a true reading. o yeah and u wanna ride for about 10-15 min, u will see them reflash to zero and then i think after that its a more consistent reading