PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car has a hard time running after sitting, but runs perfect if reflashed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car has a hard time running after sitting, but runs perfect if reflashed.

I have a car with MS4, 243 heads and 4200 stall. When I took my car to get it tuned it ran perfect. Tuner had it on the dot on where it should be. Started and idled perfect. Now everyday it won't start unless throttle is held down at WOT and rough idles like crazy. I can reflash the car and it'll run great again and even run perfect if I stop go in the store come back out and drive home, no problem. Though if it sits long enough it doesn't want to run. I aleady cleaned and wire brushed all grounds.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Are you using long term trims?

Monitor your fuel and air trims and see if they are getting way out of whack. When you reflash you are probably resetting them.

Do you have a wideband? If so, what is the difference? My guess is you are going way rich since you have to go in flood mode?

If you could post logs of when it starts normally, and when you have to start it floored - then people on the forums can take a look and see if anything sticks out.

You could also post your tune which might help pinpoint the problem.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

No wideband and I would post the tune but can't figure out how to upload it on ls1tech. I'll make a scan here shortly. A few ppl at my local car meet suspect a bad PCM. I don't see that being the problem though. I already cleaned all grounds and problem still arises.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default Here is the Tune

Here is the Tune
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
jeremy bowers final tune.hpt (461.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Default scan of the idle and slight rev

scan of the idle and slight rev, it wasn't acting up at the time but the problem may still be there
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
taylor scan.hpl (16.7 KB, 39 views)

Quick Reply: Car has a hard time running after sitting, but runs perfect if reflashed.