PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Retune the car after LSX install???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to Retune the car after LSX install???

Re: The need to retune the car after LSX install??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

If you have a H&C car w/all the goodies and a good tune, will it be necessary to retune it after upgrading w/the LSX???

Its my understanding that if you've had the AF ratio set to the generally accepted performance ratio of 12:1 (as mine is), then the computer will recognize the newly increased airflow and adjust accordingly. IOW, it'll increase the fuel flow to bring the ratio back to 12:1.

Am I missing something? Just thought I'd ask the collected brain trust about this as this is exactly where I am regarding an LSX install next week.

Best Regards
Steve
Old 03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From all the cars I have seen, the correct a/f ratio is somewhere around 12.8-13.1.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Well regardless what the optimal setting is, will the computer strive to achieve the setting given the increased airflow?

Regards
Steve
Old 03-29-2004, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by steve-d
Well regardless what the optimal setting is, will the computer strive to achieve the setting given the increased airflow?

Regards
Steve
With the increased airflow going past you're MAF as with any other mod that increases airflow you will have to adjust you're Ltrm's. They will most likely be positive after the LSX install which is a lean condition. This situation will cause extra fuel to be dumped at WOT which will affect your WOT A/F ratio. You will have to tune! Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

My LTFTs went from 0 to +5% & I got 3* of KR, so I got a custom tune from RWTD (James richened it up ~ .5%) & now they're back to 0. So yes, you should get it re-tuned. Though I have heard that as long as the trims are under 10%, the PCM can compensate without any problems. My dyno tests do not support this...I usually pick up a couple more hp by eliminating the KR.