PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLX power source and hp tuners eio ground?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLX power source and hp tuners eio ground?

First off, I am a complete noob.

I have looked all over the place and can't find a good answer for my question. I just got the PLX SM-AFR with DM-6 gauge. I adapted a cigarette lighter to the power plug that comes with it. I picked one up from radio shack rated at 10 amps and also has a switch on it so that I can turn it off when needed. I was trying to just make it portable. I have read some places that say that this power source is sufficient and will work just fine and others say it is a poor choice. It seems to work fine, but will I have trouble with noise or something along those lines?

Also the SM-AFR has a single 0-5v analog output for data logging with things like hp tuners, but hp tuners also shows that a ground is needed for port 5 for example. I was playing around with it the other day and I still get readings without a ground for port 5. Just had the single wire going into port 1 on the eio. Will this be an issue or do I need to ground the thing with port 5?

Just trying to make sure I get the most accurate reading from my wideband so that I can do some tuning. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Teching In

I have noticed that the LM2 comes with a cigarette lighter adapter. Anyone with any thoughts on this?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Anyone?