Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean spot will not tune out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lean spot will not tune out!!!

Have a 5.3,stage 2 patriot heads,cam,ls6 intake,LT,60lb injectors. This set up is the same ive run on my other motor (5.7) and it gave my tuner no problems at all. The lean spot is in the 2800-3600 rpm range,hes doing speed density in open loop,all the other rpm ranges look good,its going from 13.7 to 15.0 on the wide band in the 2800-3600 rpm range and will pop and stumble some going thru that range,hes throw 10% fuel and better at it and it will not richen up.
Sooooo this is what we have checked,fuel pressure is 58 and holds steady ,new plugs and wires,new intake gaskets (maybe vaccum leak)differernt coil packs,different cam sensor,new orings for the injectors,new wideband sensor...no codes are being throw either.
We have discussed maybe an injector having trash in it or a throttle postion sensor issue but not sure at this time any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Still on 98 PCM or upgraded to newer one?

Using stock OS or custom SD OS?

What part of tune is he adding fuel to, PE table or VE table?

If he's hacking the IFR table to change fueling that's not the proper way to do it. Also, how old is the wideband sensor ya'll are using? I've seen them look like they are working but give flat readings that fool you into thinking the tune didn't change anything. A fresh sensor may be needed.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Injector or injectors were the problem!!!