PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Z06 Diablosport Tune?

Old 06-05-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 Z06 Diablosport Tune?

Well since its very difficult to get a hold of my tuner and i cant have any downtime at all. I was considering buying a canned tune. Last time i used something like this was Hypertech and ended up regreting it, with zero power gains, car ran like crap and waisted my money. Im sure these types of tuning devices have come a long way, atleast i hope.

Ive heard most of these canned tunes are for 93 octane is there a tune for 91 built in? also do they know what timing to set up your car with like for example my car may like to be between 26-28 timing or something like that is that all pre loaded or do i have to select the timing i think it needs give or take? This is the other reason why im questioning it is that it brings up alot of questions wether it does things for you or you need to select everything one by one and hope you know what your doing.

When you tell it you have an intake id assume it knows to adjust fuel trims so you dont run lean and so on. Can you delete rear 02's?. I dont mind paying 300+ dallors for something that WORKS and i have no downtime. Ive seen some youtube vids of people who have diablsport tunes on there C5Z06 vettes are there any dyno numbers to prove any results? Sorry guys for the long post, my first time inquiring about this dont know what to ask and what to expect. I have never really heard anyone say wow what a difference after getting a canned tune even compared to a mail order tune.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not buy tuning software and learn how to do it yourself? If all you have is a Vararam, why would you have any down time? You don't need a tune to drive it if that is your only mod... And, with that being your only mod, this is a perfect time to learn - before you move on to bigger mods...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with blackws6 most common problem with the vararam mod is that will lean out the car really bad. Id look for a efi live or hp tuners. But a wideband and start trying to play with it. REMEMBER knock and lean are two very bad things lol
Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I should have been more specific - you can drive the car without a tune - as long as you are easy on it... closed loop fueling will take care of the part throttle driving until you can get it tuned...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Id like to by the software and do it myself but im a complete idiot when it comes to doing stuff like that and cost is another concern since im going to tune it once and forget it. I opted out doing the predetor since its a bit expensive and ill probably benefit more just getting a mail order from my tuner or other tuners. I just cant have down time and seeing just like i did with my camaro if i can pay to get a stock calibrated computer from the tuner send mines out get it tuned and back so i dont have downtime.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Why no downtime? Is this your daily driver? If not, most mail order tunes should take no more than a week from start to finish.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exeodus
Why no downtime? Is this your daily driver? If not, most mail order tunes should take no more than a week from start to finish.
Definitly my daily driver. So for sure i cant even have one day of down time. Frost on my camaro atleast sent me a stock calibrated PCM and just put that one in till he sent mine back with the tune i wanted. Im trying to see if he can do that again with the vette or any other tuner.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I opted out doing the predetor since its a bit expensive
if you opted out of getting a predator because IT was too expensive, then no other handheld or just about any other tuning solution will be for you either, since they are more expensive..

the Predator is the least expensive handheld programmer out there right now... which is about $258 from marylandspeed.com...

the diablosport inTune is $389... and the Trinity is $600...

and if you're looking at tuning software to do it yourself, you're lookiing at $500+...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-07-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a rental car or a barrow a buddies car for a few days. You can send your computer to say frost on Monday and Prolly have it Thursday. Im sure you have a friend who would let you borrow a car for a few days
Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im most likely going to go with Intune and have Diablew tune it for me. He seems to be a good tuner and the Intune will be flexible for what i need. The downtime is the biggest thing, before i could get away with it but with the new job forget it.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Im most likely going to go with Intune and have Diablew tune it for me. He seems to be a good tuner and the Intune will be flexible for what i need. The downtime is the biggest thing, before i could get away with it but with the new job forget it.
sounds good man, thanks - I appreciate it!

let me know when you're going to do it.. because I sell them, and I offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate so you'd save some $$

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Z06 Diablosport Tune?