PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the car to Sickspeedperformance tomorow!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking the car to Sickspeedperformance tomorow!!

So after doing the new exhaust setup and since the car has not been tuned in about 4 years im taking it to Charles at sickspeedperformance tomorow at 11am. It is about a 1 1\2 hours away. I have read nothing but great things about him and my buddy had his 01 ss tuned there with great results as well. graph and videos coming tomorow!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

You have a nice set up should put down some good numbers.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

so the graph i got with the car when i first bought it was 437 whp and 409 tq. after 4 years this is the first re tune. on the first pull it put down 425whp and 406tq. top end needed a little adjustment but idle and part throttle was dead on. 2nd pull 431 and 409tq. 3rd and final pull was 437whp and 412 tq. now these were both on dynojet dynos but different dynos. temp was mid 70s and humid, sae corrected etc...timing is at 26 degrees, AFR was 12.5. car could have made 15-20whp more but we left it as a nice safe level due to it being an OLSD. now yesterday i did the tb bypass mod so i had the lid and intake tube off etc...i did not even notice until i just got home from the 2 hour each way to have the car tuned that the IAT sensor had not been hooked up since yesterday which means the car was tuned without the IAT hooked up. i messaged my tuner and he said to get a wideband on it asap to make sure the afr is still good after hooking the IAT sensor back up. how worried should i be? i am so pissed i didnt notice that it was unhooked
Old 06-16-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

but a big shout out to charles at sickspeed hes a great guy and knows his stuff. once i do my heads\intake i will deff bring it back to him!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

anyone know if having the IAT sensor off during tune will really effect it? im trying to find someone with a exhaust tip mount wideband to do a quikc pull to make sure afr is still the same
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

On some cars with the IAT sensor unplugged, the PCM sees -40*F or something like that, which adds fuel making the car run rich. I can't say for sure if F-Bodies do this, as I've never checked it. I would definitely have the car retuned. I can't believe the tuner never noticed the IAT issue, as it should've been easy to notice once he started tuning.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nsty98LS1
On some cars with the IAT sensor unplugged, the PCM sees -40*F or something like that, which adds fuel making the car run rich. I can't say for sure if F-Bodies do this, as I've never checked it. I would definitely have the car retuned. I can't believe the tuner never noticed the IAT issue, as it should've been easy to notice once he started tuning.
once i got home i had the hood open looking over everything and thats when i noticed it, cant believe we missed it during the tune. when he started tuning he said the tune was already so good from the previous owner. the car ran amazing on the way home felt stronger then when i brought it in. i guess i just need to find a local guy with a wideband i can use for a pull
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

just to give an update on my situation, i brought the car back to have it checked out and having that IAT sensor made a huge difference. once i had it hooked back up and back on the dyno the tune was way off. first pull car put down 416 whp and was at 15.5 afr, running lean as hell!! after 2 or 3 pulls we got it all tuned right and is running perfect. big thanks to charles at sickspeedperformance, hes a really good guy and re tuned it for free!! car is at 12.5 afr all across the board now and drives excellent again.